Roomba 671 Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roomba 671 Working!

My wife bought a Roomba 671 from Amazon on Prime Day last month for $229.99 (regular price $349.99), so I decided to give the BLRoombaWiFi plugin a try.

After struggling through Dorita980 to get the BLID and password, the 671 seems to be working just fine.

I'm not sure how may devices are created for the 980, but I have 15 devices for the 671.

15 devices sounds about right - glad it is working for you
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Any hints? I have the Roomba 690. I have the blid and the password, which I have obtained twice - both times gives me the same values. When I start the plugin and add the Roomba, I get all the child devices, but it never can connect to the Roomba. When I look at "Htop" from the command line on the SEL, I see multiple lines for the plugin and the CPU utilization goes way up. Ultimately, it crashes my homeseer SEL. One question would be:
      does the password include all the colons ( : ) ?
      Thanks for any insights
      Bruce

Comment

Yes I believe the whole thing is the password
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought. Any way to test the connection outside of homeseer and the plugin, ie the command line with an MQTT command, or subscribe to a topic that the roomba sends?
          Thanks
          Bruce

Comment

I think in the dorita980 web page there is a test script someone wrote - I cannot remember what it was called
            I will check on my system and see if I have it when I am home tonight
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Working...
            X