Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cpu overhead

Hi my plugin is using all cpu after some minutes and i have this log
    oct.-09 17:57:27 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    oct.-09 17:57:25 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    oct.-09 17:57:18 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    oct.-09 17:57:03 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    oct.-09 17:56:58 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    oct.-09 17:56:58 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    oct.-09 17:56:55 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    oct.-09 17:55:45 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 64) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    oct.-09 17:55:35 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    I have to reboot to do anything. Any idea.

I have also had a few cases where the plugin has started using an excessive amount of CPU (but its on a i7 machine and never gets maxed out). and no log errors.

Comment

hi thinks for your answer. I have a new model of robot: Irobot Roomba e5154
      The devices are create but never updates. I think the json is different. It s work with ifttt. I can make log or teamviewer session if you want.

Comment

Me too, its crushing my server. I'll add that I have a new robot as well, i7 series.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mystic860; October 13, 2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Just got roomba i7 yesterday. The plugin dos window runs 100% cpu load 24/7 on my Hometroller S6 unit. Had to stop it because nothing else was able to process. Looks like this has been a problem without solution for a few months at least?

Comment

Agreed, we need a paid for plugin so someone will actually work on these issues. I also added the plugin and connected my roomba 980 and almost immediately it took my system to a halt by maxing out the CPU, removed for now sadly.

Comment

What kind of machines are you running the plugin on?
              What are the specs?

I am not seeing this at all but I am using an i7
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Intel Atom C3538 on Windows server 2016. I am only using 2gb of ram but honestly it just sits at 48% and doesn't really move so why bother. Typically I sit around 3-5% cpu usage with the occasional spike to 10%. Not sure what a good gauge of what my homeseer looks like but from a device list which can be deceiving I have 308 devices and 7 plugins running. I'm probably a tad over 100 physical devices currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogo View Post
                  Agreed, we need a paid for plugin so someone will actually work on these issues. I also added the plugin and connected my roomba 980 and almost immediately it took my system to a halt by maxing out the CPU, removed for now sadly.
                  I don't see this issue either and have been running for well over a year. Have you reported your config and your issue on Blade's website? I run several of his plugins, both paid and free, and have found them to be top-notch, with service and support to match.
                  My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post

I don't see this issue either and have been running for well over a year. Have you reported your config and your issue on Blade's website? I run several of his plugins, both paid and free, and have found them to be top-notch, with service and support to match.
                    What config do you speak of? And how do I obtain said config?

Comment

Hmmm... mine hardly uses any CPU here
                      I am running an i7 on Windows 10 x64

I wonder if there is something in Win server 2016 that would cause this
                      is your .net framework updated?
                      Right now the plugin targets the .net 4.5 framework

Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by mystic860 View Post
                        Me too, its crushing my server. I'll add that I have a new robot as well, i7 series.
                        Originally posted by readi343 View Post
                        Just got roomba i7 yesterday. The plugin dos window runs 100% cpu load 24/7 on my Hometroller S6 unit. Had to stop it because nothing else was able to process. Looks like this has been a problem without solution for a few months at least?
                        Originally posted by Blade View Post
                        Hmmm... mine hardly uses any CPU here
                        I am running an i7 on Windows 10 x64

I wonder if there is something in Win server 2016 that would cause this
                        is your .net framework updated?
                        Right now the plugin targets the .net 4.5 framework

The person above appeared to be having the same issue on a hometroller S6 also so I don't think it is 2016 server, and everyone in this thread appears to be having the same issue. Spin up a vm with 2 cores and 2 gigs of ram and see if it does this unless you have a hometroller laying around. I honestly think the vm is probably a good way to live in normal HS3 resource territory

I would also use windows 10 since it is what Homeseer supports for its customers.

Comment

Seeing the same thing. Running a VM on a Win10 machine, i5 with 16GB of ram. the minute I start the PI, it pegs the CPU. a bit more details:

I didn't have the ID/pass setup (was mistakenly using the account/pass that you use to log onto the Roomba app). with the incorrect creds, the CPU was at 98%.

When I delete the wrongly setup Roomba, and have no units created, the PI runs at 54%. (still high).

I haven't yet figured out all the steps to get the password/ID, so don't know if it will drop once it's setup correctly.

Comment

Guys, I was having this issue as well and working with blade (through his support site) I was able to find that the password had changed from what I thought it was. In each instance when the password changed the CPU would over run. Once corrected the plugin would work very well with little resources consumed. I found through much testing that anytime I disconnected from my wifi and reconnected the password would change. I then would have to go through the process to obtain what it was and once re-entered things we're back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by mystic860 View Post
                              Guys, I was having this issue as well and working with blade (through his support site) I was able to find that the password had changed from what I thought it was. In each instance when the password changed the CPU would over run. Once corrected the plugin would work very well with little resources consumed. I found through much testing that anytime I disconnected from my wifi and reconnected the password would change. I then would have to go through the process to obtain what it was and once re-entered things we're back to normal.
                              My credentials are spot on everytime I check them in the plugin config as well as using them to log into my roomba account. The roomba is created successfully but CPU maxes out and stays that way until I disable the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                              X