Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roomba i7+

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roomba i7+

    Will the plugin be updated to include the new i7+ model? this new i7 model with the dump bin is what I've been waiting on for the development team to roll out.. I'm hoping these new feature become available in the plug-in...

    Many thanks in advance..

    Devoir

  • #2
    Originally posted by devoir View Post
    Will the plugin be updated to include the new i7+ model? this new i7 model with the dump bin is what I've been waiting on for the development team to roll out.. I'm hoping these new feature become available in the plug-in...

    Many thanks in advance..

    Devoir
    +1 for this! Going to be getting an i7 in a week!



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 887 Devices, 515 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

    Comment


    • #3
      I just got that as well, but without the dump bin (for now). will it not work with the standard i7?

      Comment


      • #4
        I can confirm that this does work (with some effort to get the ID and Password) for the i7. Again, I don't have the dump bin (yet)…

        Comment


        • #5
          I got my i7 working with very little effort (iRobot firmware 1.6.6). Running Node.js on Windows 10. Installed dorito980 (via npm), ran the getpassword script, got the BLID and password, put it in the plugin option.....hey presto.

          I did update the i7 firmware first. V1.6.6 was downloaded. Apparently V2+ is slowly being rolled out, so you have to wait for that. I already had Node.js on my machine so not much effort there. Did struggle to find where npm downloaded the dorito980 files but found them in C: windows/system32/node_modules. The rest was as per the instructions.

          I do actually have the i7+ base unit/dump bin but haven't been able to use it as I got the robot from the USA (110vac) and I live in NZ (240vac). Am awaiting the arrival of a suitable step down transformer. The base is not an international appliance and I need a step-down capable of 1200watts (according to the specs on the base unit). Yikes. Luckily my old Roomba base charger works with the i7 which is fine in the mean time.
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

          BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mminehan View Post
            I got my i7 working with very little effort (iRobot firmware 1.6.6). Running Node.js on Windows 10. Installed dorito980 (via npm), ran the getpassword script, got the BLID and password, put it in the plugin option.....hey presto.

            I did update the i7 firmware first. V1.6.6 was downloaded. Apparently V2+ is slowly being rolled out, so you have to wait for that. I already had Node.js on my machine so not much effort there. Did struggle to find where npm downloaded the dorito980 files but found them in C: windows/system32/node_modules. The rest was as per the instructions.

            I do actually have the i7+ base unit/dump bin but haven't been able to use it as I got the robot from the USA (110vac) and I live in NZ (240vac). Am awaiting the arrival of a suitable step down transformer. The base is not an international appliance and I need a step-down capable of 1200watts (according to the specs on the base unit). Yikes. Luckily my old Roomba base charger works with the i7 which is fine in the mean time.
            Ok i dont have a degree in anything related to computers, but I did manage to find doritA980. It downloads in a zip file. I also downloaded and installed node.js. I read the readme file but the install instructions are 1 line and they dont make sense to me.

            Do I type ```bash?
            or is that implying to bash keys?

            Any pointers? Maybe a quick youtube or screenshots? Us laymen appreciate the help, thanks!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by readi343 View Post

              Ok i dont have a degree in anything related to computers, but I did manage to find doritA980. It downloads in a zip file. I also downloaded and installed node.js. I read the readme file but the install instructions are 1 line and they dont make sense to me.

              Do I type ```bash?
              or is that implying to bash keys?

              Any pointers? Maybe a quick youtube or screenshots? Us laymen appreciate the help, thanks!
              What operating system are you using? Windows?

              If you are running windows and install node.js it will automatically install the npm package manager.

              Instructions for windows are in this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ro...88#post1123188

              or here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ro...80#post1272580

              If you get stuck I can put up step by step instructions.

              M
              iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

              BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mminehan View Post

                What operating system are you using? Windows?

                If you are running windows and install node.js it will automatically install the npm package manager.

                Instructions for windows are in this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ro...88#post1123188

                or here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ro...80#post1272580

                If you get stuck I can put up step by step instructions.

                M
                Thanks for that! The link you provided for windows instructions got me through the process. Only hang up I had was learning to replace 192.168.0.XXX with the actual IP of my roomba. Rookie mistake I know.

                My i7 Roomba is now functional via Homeseer.

                I did have to disable the BLRoombaWifi plugin and kill it via task manager because I was still seeing 100% cpu load. After that, re-enabling the plugin with its newly updated user and pwd fields has resulted in a stable 2% cpu load which is normal.

                Thanks again, I hope other people in a similar circumstance can benefit reading these posts.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by readi343 View Post

                  Thanks for that! The link you provided for windows instructions got me through the process. Only hang up I had was learning to replace 192.168.0.XXX with the actual IP of my roomba. Rookie mistake I know.

                  Thanks again, I hope other people in a similar circumstance can benefit reading these posts.
                  Glad you got it up and running. That's the great thing about the HS community. All sorts of people with different skill sets helping each other out.

                  Just remember that if you update the firmware on the robot you will have to use the dorita980 script to get the new BLID and new password.

                  M

                  iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

                  BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Followed the windows instructions and had my i7+ into HS3Pro in minutes. Thanks for the entires in the forums. Huge help.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X