Roomba 690 Works Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roomba 690 Works Perfect

I set this up in less than 20 mins from not knowing a thing about node.js to getting the user/pass from the Roomba. I installed the PI and it works perfectly. Now how to map it......

-Nacman

Originally posted by Nacman View Post
    I set this up in less than 20 mins from not knowing a thing about node.js to getting the user/pass from the Roomba. I installed the PI and it works perfectly. Now how to map it......

-Nacman
    Did you find a decent walk through or just pull the steps together from this forum? i'm a bit confused to be honest.

EDIT: I figured it out, but only get the password and not the ID. (this is for the i7 model). someone else here used wireshark to get that... totally lost again :-)

Comment

Hi,

I also would like to know any tricks or hints. I have the 690, also. I can get the password and ID, but when I start the plugin nothing happens, except the CPU usage goes up. I figure that is because the plugin is trying to find and communicate the Roomba.

I may have to check the node.js. I have one version installed for HSMetro user interface. I wonder if that is not the correct one for this plugin. What version of node.js did you use/install?

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by dbvanb View Post
        Hi,

I also would like to know any tricks or hints. I have the 690, also. I can get the password and ID, but when I start the plugin nothing happens, except the CPU usage goes up. I figure that is because the plugin is trying to find and communicate the Roomba.

I may have to check the node.js. I have one version installed for HSMetro user interface. I wonder if that is not the correct one for this plugin. What version of node.js did you use/install?

Bruce
        this one...

https://nodejs.org/en/

Comment

Originally posted by dbvanb View Post
          Hi,

Bruce
          In my case, I found this to be an incorrect password. once fixed the CPU usage returns to normal.

Comment

I followed the main BLRoomba PI thread. The one specifically addressing where a user said there wasn’t a way in WIN to retrieve it. The post that corrects that is what I followed on a win 10 machine.

I too had the CPU cycles go way high....That was after I performed a full reset on the Roomba. But doing a reset causes the password to change. One I ran the node script and retrieved them new password, all is well again.

Comment

Working...
            X