Anyone using an 890?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using an 890?

Looking at model 890 and wanted to see if anyone has it working with this plugin?

Thanks,
    Ken

I ended up picking one up today since my 30% coupon was expiring. It was a bit of a challenge to get it on my WiFi network since my SSID is hidden but got past that. Using dorita980 to get the BLID and password was easy. Added it to the plugin and the plugin created 17 devices and they all seem to have reasonable data.

At that point I let it charge for 3 hours per instructions and then nothing. No status updates and no way to control it from the device status page.

No messages in the HS log. I enabled the debug log but I can't seem to find it. Can someone point me to the location of the debug log on Windows 10?

Thanks,
    Ken

UPDATE: Initially I noticed the 890 was showing 3.1.0+16 firmware. On a chance I disabled and re-enabled the plugin and things started working. After the restart of the plugin the firmware is now showing 3.2.40+69. Not sure yet but it doesn't look like all of the devices created by the plugin are supported by the 890 but I'll report back on that after more testing.

Comment

UPDATE2: Basic functionality seems to be working fine. I created some Pushover events to notify my son of things like "bin full", "stuck", "on base", and "fully charged" and he loves the "set it and forget it" concept. He's currently our "maid" but he's going off to college in the Fall so it's time to start automating the vacuuming tasks.

What's not working (i.e. None of the buttons do anything):

Carpet Boost, Cleaning Passes, Edge Clean, and Finish Cleaning when Bin is Full

DISCLAIMER: It's possible that these aren't configurable on the 890.

Also, What's Audio and "Cleaning Recharge Minutes" supposed to do?

Thanks,
      Ken

Comment

Ken:
        • Audio - is active when your Roomba is playing one of it's "tunes". Usually not on for very long - just a few seconds.
        • Recharge Minutes - I'm not sure if the 890 supports it, but if it can automatically return to its base when battery is low (i.e., it's not finished cleaning yet), that value will get set with the number of minutes it will recharge before automatically heading out again to finish the job. I believe the value counts down during the recharge.
        Regards,
        BBB

Comment

Thanks BBB. It doesn't appear the 890 supports either of those parameters. It's played a tune numerous times but the "last changed" date/time still says it's from when I first initiated the plug-in. I did find out from that it doesn't support the dock, recharge, and finish feature.

Still work on the other parameters. I tried using dorita980 to set CarpetBoost (had to disable the plugin or dorita980 couldn't connector) but it seemed to stay at Eco no matter what I did.

Thanks again,
          Ken

Comment

Working...
          X