Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin BLRoombaWifi is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin BLRoombaWifi is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

I was trying to get BLRoombaWifi working and in the process I ended up with the following warning and error.
    Now I cannot get the PLUGINS >> Manage menu to load so that I can disable/uninstall/fix the plugin from the web browser.
    What do I need to do to get to my plugins so I can fix this issue?
    Warning Plugin BLRoombaWifi is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Error Getting web page from plugin page BLRoombaWifiRoombas:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    any help and guidance would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Are you running on Windows? If so, you can go into Task Manager, right click on HSPI_BLRoombaWifi, and select End Task. That should get you going again.

If Linux, it's "ps -eaf | grep BLRooma" and then "kill -9 <Process ID>"

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I am running on a HomeSeer ZeeS2.
      Here is my system info.

Current Date/Time: 6/29/2019 11:49:21 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.534
      Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 18 Hours 22 Minutes 11 Seconds
      IP Address:
      Number of Devices: 95
      Number of Events: 48
      Available Threads: 399
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 0
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
      1.0.0.3: AK Smart Device
      2.0.21.0: BLRoombaWifi
      3.1.0.16: MeiHarmonyHub
      3.0.7.0: SDJ-Health
      3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

I unplugged the Zee and moved it to get a better monitor in place and now it is behaving better and I was able to disable the plugin for now.
        Not sure how unplugging vs restarting help me get back into the PLUGINS >> Manage menu, but I am in and can disable BLRoombaWifi for now.
        Will have to do more reading before re-enabling to make sure I have the correct info for the plugin.

Comment

Hi Micah,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Plugins run as separate processes from HS so simply trying to restart a plugin is not the same as unplugging (basically, rebooting) the Zee. What model Roomba are you trying to use? I'm using an 890 and I notice that in a situation where the protocol says I should get a "stuck" message, the plugin reports an error with "Error - " and no additional text in the log. In your case, the Roomba may be sending something to the plugin that's causing it to spin off into oblivion which then keeps it from being able to display it's config pages. Just guessing on this. Hopefully Blade can chime in with some suggestions.

Ken
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

The plugin was originally written for the 980. I know some of the other models work OK but they could give minor issues.
            What Roomba model are you using?
            I have seen the plugin go off into never never land when the user id and/or password is not correct
            Have you ran dorita and confirmed they are valid
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I am using a 960 Roomba. I have the password and ID wrong, I didn't see the info on using dorita for getting the password and ID.
              I'll have to see if I can run them and get it back working in the future.
              Thanks for the help.

Comment

What is the reason behind the warning message `Plugin is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet`? I am developing a plugin and getting this warning message. In my machine, it is working fine but in a different system, I am getting this warning. Both systems use Windows.

Comment

Working...
                X