Another with connection issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another with connection issues

Another Roomba with connection issues. Roomba 891 that's been working fine standalone for two weeks. Now trying to get it connected with HomeSeer.

I locked down the IP address at the router, and made sure the Roomba was upgraded to the latest firmware. I don't speak python (or any other modern programming language unfortunately), so I was struggling a bit trying to get the blid/password. Found a link that was a little clearer for me, and was able to retrieve the information
    https://community.home-assistant.io/...-windows/75107
    I've attached a text file of the results.

Pasted the information into the plugin and saved, but no indications of connection if I'm reading the log (attached) correctly.

Suggestions on where to go next?

BLRoombaWifi-Detailed.zip HSRoombapasswordlog.txt
    My system is described in my profile.

Have you disabled and re enabled the plugin or reboot HS3? in your BLroomba wifi settings is the roomba still showing up and with the corrrect IP and such (had mine dissapear after update pluiging before). Have you recently updated the plugin before this problem happened?

Comment

@JLehnert Jim, in a unrelated topic, I posted a procedure for Windows users that might help with getting your BLID and password. Mike

Originally posted by MNB View Post
      Bob, I've confirmed that one of my 980 password changed whilst the other did not. The other thing that I noticed is that when I attempted to change the passwords within the BLRoomba PI, I was unable to get the expanded entry field to pop-up it did it for the other field so.. I deleted the both devices and re-added them which allowed me once again to enter the updated passwords, not sure why that happen but re-adding once again gave me PI connected Roombas.
      Whilst I was using Dorita980 code I notice that once of my 980 passwords format was "XzI1iEAPo4gx3FXf" while the other was formatted as ":1:1524242635:kX8DLF1IcH3QEIcX" not sure why, both have been updated to the latest firmware levels not sure why the difference?
      As I do not use Dorita980 that often, I decided to document the process for Windows users to make it a little more comprehensive, by all means please update with improvements as needed;
      1. For Window’s users you can run dorita980 code via the following steps using the “Node.js” desktop app from Microsoft Store. Install “Node.js” (note it also installs “npm”)
      2. On the windows command line (lower left on task bar) enter “Terminal” and select “Command Prompt”. A “Command Prompt” window will open
      3. Type “npm install dorita980 -g”, and enter. Npm will download and enter dorita980 and its associated subdirectories/files. I had to look for it as it installed it in my default user id subdirectory.
      4. If this occurs then simply open your file explorer to “c:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\” and move/copy your newly created dorita980 subdirectories under the “node_modules” subdirectory.
      5. At the “Command Prompt” screen (if its not there simply do step #2 again and it will open). Type "CD C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980”, verify that you have moved to “C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>” subdirectory.
      6. For the 980 Roomba: in the “Command Prompt” screen Type “node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.X.XXX” (enter your Roomba IP address), and enter.
      For the I7 Roomba: in the “Command Prompt” screen Type “get-roomba-password 192.168.1.XXX” (enter your Roomba IP address), and enter,the following command must be used with i7 to produce both correct userid and password (same output as 980).
      7. The following prompts should be displayed:

Code:
       [LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on).[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px](about 2 seconds).[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]Then press any key here...[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]Robot Data:[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]{ ver: '3',[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]hostname: 'Roomba-99999999999999',[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]robotname: 'Roomba',[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]ip: '192.168.0.XXX',[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]mac: 'F0:03:8C:XX:4E:XX',[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]sw: 'v2.4.4-4',[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]sku: 'R98----',[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]nc: 0,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]proto: 'mqtt',[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]cap:[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]{ pose: 1,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]ota: 2,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]multiPass: 2,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]carpetBoost: 1,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]pp: 1,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]binFullDetect: 1,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]langOta: 1,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]maps: 1,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]edge: 1,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]eco: 1,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]svcConf: 1 },[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]blid: '99999999999999' }[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]Password=> :X:XXXXXXXXXX:ABCDEfghiJKL1234 <= Yes, all this string.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]Use this credential in dorita980 lib :)[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
      8. Capture the Blid and Password values to be enter within the BLRoomba Plugin.

paul BigBadBuzz, whilst working to try and getting my i7 up and running, one of my 980's had the same issue (whilst trying to get my blid and password using Dorida980 process it would give me the blid but I got an error message and no password), I found that if I did a iRobot reboot that it cured the issue and I was able to once again get both the blid and password with no issue. MIke

980 Rebooting Instructions:
      Press and hold the CLEAN button on the robot for 10 seconds. When the button is released, Roomba® will play the reboot tone indicating a successful reboot.

Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
      Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
      HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

The reboot of HomeSeer did the trick. Windows 10 or Norton forced a reboot, and HS didn't restart automatically (need to go back and figure out what I did wrong there). After getting HS up and running, I noticed several hundred Roomba Messages in the log, and when I check, sure enough it was working. Turn all the debug messages off and everything looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by JLehnert View Post
          The reboot of HomeSeer did the trick. Windows 10 or Norton forced a reboot, and HS didn't restart automatically (need to go back and figure out what I did wrong there). After getting HS up and running, I noticed several hundred Roomba Messages in the log, and when I check, sure enough it was working. Turn all the debug messages off and everything looks good.
          I have had problems like this after upgrading the plugin. it seems like sometimes it quits working right after upgrade then a restart of HS3 fixes everything.

Comment

I did notice that the Roomba stays awake all the time now. Roommates youngest daughter asked me why the lights were on. Told her it was keeping an eye on her in case she made a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by JLehnert View Post
              I did notice that the Roomba stays awake all the time now. Roommates youngest daughter asked me why the lights were on. Told her it was keeping an eye on her in case she made a mess.
              LOL, that's classic! I have a 7 year old granddaughter that would believe that from now on, no matter what I said later.

--Barry

Comment

Working...
              X