Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roomba (690) gets removed from list of Roombas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roomba (690) gets removed from list of Roombas?

Has anyone else had an issue with the Roomba disappearing from the list of Roombas in the plugin? The device remains...but of course none of my events work since the Roomba is gone.
    I have no idea how long after adding it disappears - but i notice after a few days/couple weeks that my events no longer work. Go in to the plugin config and notice the roomba is not listed anymore.

i've added it back a couple times, but its starting to get annoying to have to go through the whole process of getting the password every time. :/

Running latest version of plug-in (as far as HS tells me): 2.0.37.0 & its the Windows version of HS

Hello.

Have the same problem though. all the robots get lost during HS restart.

Comment

If you have a Ubiquiti Unifi access point running turn off the Auto Optimized Network setting per the instructions here:. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...access-to-work You will find the recommendation for this on the sticky blRoomba forum thread on the 980 Losing Connection. It works for my 960.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
        If you have a Ubiquiti Unifi access point running turn off the Auto Optimized Network setting per the instructions here:. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...access-to-work You will find the recommendation for this on the sticky blRoomba forum thread on the 980 Losing Connection. It works for my 960.
        I do have Unifi APs. I’ll try this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It took a while to find this setting in UniFi, but mine was already off and I'm still having this issue. Roomba 980 just disappears from HS3. I can re-establish contact by going into BLRoombaWifi and entering the IP (mine is static and didn't change), BLID, and password (which also haven't changed).

Comment

Fresh install of HS4 with this plugin, After setting up my Roomba, A restart of Homeseer also deleted all my Roombas in the settings, Devices stayed.
            -Tom-

Comment

This continues to be an issue. Every restart of the plug in (or the entire HS3, or the HS3 PC) loses the Roomba, and I have to re-enter the name, IP, BLID, and Password. Is tehre any resolution on this coming soon? I'm looking into OpenHAB at this point, because I'm having too many things stop working in HS, though I don't know if OpenHAB will be any better.

Comment

Any Idea Blade
                -Tom-

Comment

+1

I have an i7+ and am also seeing this issue. Reboot HS and no roombas a listed in the PI.

Blade Not sure if you have time too look at this?

Thanks M
                  iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Spent sometime trying to find a solution.

Not sure if this is a fix or not for people having problems....but......I deleted the BLRoombaWiFi.xml file (in config folder) and re-setup the PI. A restart of the plugin retained the settings.

Worth a try anyway.

M
                    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

After having suffered another disappearance of the Roomba, I took a look at my BLRoombaWifi.xml file in Notepad++, and mine contained 771 nulls. I keep a bunch of backup HS3 folders from as far back as a year, and the prior working BLRoombaWifi.xml has 771 characters, too, but they're actually the correct XML text.

Blade, it seems the plug-in code is writing nulls to the file when it should be XML. That couldn't have changed by itself.

Comment

So, at least for me, the XML file containing nulls was the problem. It has to be deleted and recreated. You won't see these nulls if you open it with ordinary notepad.

Now that I've remade a new one I've retained a backup, but it's been working through reboots without further issues or the need to restore the backup I made.

This is a bug under some unknown edge conditions that occur during startup or shutdown since something has to write those to the file.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X