Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Exception linking Tesla account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exception linking Tesla account

Downloaded, installed, added instance. Put in account information, hit "Connect ...." and I get an exception in the log every time. 100% reproducible. I turned on trace logging, but it only recorded some encryption steps, nothing seemingly related. LMK how to help you debug this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 3.01.53 PM.png
Views:	14
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1269426

Some info: HS SEL box, latest mono 5.16
    If I put an incorrect password in, no crash (but nothing happens). With correct password I get the exception, so I assume this its occurring during account verification.

Comment

Should be easy for me to recreate. Not one of my test cases

Comment

Any chance you have looked at this, looking forward to using the plugin but stuck since it won't link an account...

Comment

I was traveling for the holidays but will be back this evening. Sorry for the delay, I know the feeling

Comment

Found the problem - was an easy fix! It might take a few days to get promoted in the updater due to the holidays, so here's the updated files you'll need to replace in your HS3 directory to get to 1.0.1.1 early. (Note: this also fixes the issue some had with Newtonsoft DLLs if they didn't also have my Lyric plugin.)
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, in transit but will be back at the house tonight and will install. Much appreciated

Comment

Second issue, when installed the default instance is not available, I am forced to create a new instance to then add an account. No issues, but doesn't seem to match the docs so thought I would mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
                  Second issue, when installed the default instance is not available, I am forced to create a new instance to then add an account. No issues, but doesn't seem to match the docs so thought I would mention it.
                  What do you mean by "is not available"? I only have one instance on both my production HS instance and in the VM I use for testing with no issues.

Comment

Ok I was wrong, the plugin is not working. The multi-instance support seems to be a bit of a mess (sorry). When installed there is no config link, no way to access the default instance you create. So I added an instance but then ran with two instances running. Some logic seems to prevent you from enabling the config link on the account until at least 2 instances exist, is that intentional? Ive uninstalled and reinstalled but the instances were remembered. Deleted the second, but cant configure the primary one at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

What do you mean by "is not available"? I only have one instance on both my production HS instance and in the VM I use for testing with no issues.
                      The config link is not enabled, can not get to the options page to configure the plugin.

Comment

Ok, weird. After posting and going back, config link is there. Maybe there is some delay for some reason before it gets registered. Took about 7-8 minutes after install for it to be available... Configuring now...

Comment

The multi-instance support seems to be a bit of a mess
                          I couldn't agree with you more... unfortunately that is part of the framework HS provides, not something I can control.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

I couldn't agree with you more... unfortunately that is part of the framework HS provides, not something I can control.
                            What I meant is, at least here, when the plugin is first ran you get the plugin in the list, but its not configurable. It appears you need to add an instance to configure it, but looks like you do have a default instance but its not configurable for awhile after the plugin starts. Once the config link registered, everything else has worked great. Blue Harvest (my X) is happy and I love I can set the charge capacity.

Does the Tesla API expose the charge rate? E.g. amperage control, I would love to charge at lower amperage during the day then higher at night.

Also, any chance you could support a virtual location devices? E.g. define a radius around the lat/lon and have a device be 'on' if the car is in the circle? My goal is to be able to say :

If Car is parked
                            and AtHome (based on lat/long)
                            and Not Charging
                            and parked for longer than 20
                            Pushover (you forgot to charge dummy!)

Comment

What I meant is, at least here, when the plugin is first ran you get the plugin in the list, but its not configurable. It appears you need to add an instance to configure it, but looks like you do have a default instance but its not configurable for awhile after the plugin starts. Once the config link registered, everything else has worked great. Blue Harvest (my X) is happy and I love I can set the charge capacity.
                              Very strange. I wonder if that had anything to do with your partial configuration from the first time? I will keep an eye out for similar reports, but the command to register the config link is part of the InitIO process at startup so it's not really waiting on anything else. The one potential issue is that the step immediately before that is to iterate through all your devices looking for a vehicle root type. Do you have a huge number by any chance?

Does the Tesla API expose the charge rate? E.g. amperage control, I would love to charge at lower amperage during the day then higher at night.
                              Unfortunately not. I did find a very interesting discussion on this over on TMC from folks with solar who want to make sure they aren't buying electricity to power the car because it's sucking it down faster than their array can produce it (i.e. when it's early morning and not as bright yet).

Also, any chance you could support a virtual location devices? E.g. define a radius around the lat/lon and have a device be 'on' if the car is in the circle? My goal is to be able to say :

If Car is parked
                              and AtHome (based on lat/long)
                              and Not Charging
                              and parked for longer than 20
                              Pushover (you forgot to charge dummy!)
                              Yes, this is on my to-do list. The logic is easy, the UI to build it out is the tough part. I looked into using Google's Maps API to provide an address (like Life 360 does), but that's just too expensive without a subscription model where I could pass those costs along.

Comment

Working...
                              X