Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning : The plugin object not available.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning : The plugin object not available.

On the plugin page it shows this message : Warning : The plugin object not available.
    And the config drop down list does not show the config tab for plugin.
    I read about the problem from an other user and tried to enable one more instant of the plugin, waited, restarted Homeseer and the PC, nothing solved it.
    The plugin was started very fast and looks like it is running if I look at the log files, but I have absolutely no control or access to it.
    Please advice.

I have this same problem right after updating to 1.0.2.0.

Comment

Argh!! Sorry about that. I'm seeing something similar with one of my other plugins, unfortunately, and I haven't been able to figure it out. Both of them work perfectly for me. Can you send me your log file?

Ideally, if you could:
      • Stop the plugin
      • Manually edit the HS3\Config\HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES.ini file and set LogLevelFile=6
      • Delete the HS3\Logs\HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES.log file
      • Start the plugin
      • Wait 1 minute or so
      • Stop the plugin
      • Send me the HS3\Logs\HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES log file via email (steve@skware.net)
      • Change the log level back to something less than 6 (5 = DEBUG, 4 = INFO)
      I haven't been able to get a log from anyone experiencing the problem with the other plugin, and since it's working for me, I can't recreate it to troubleshoot without the log file.

Comment

Also, please provide the other details I need like your OS & version and HS version.

Comment

I followed you steps above but the log file which you delete in step 3 is not there when you get to step 7 to email it. It never recreated it.

EDIT: for me the plugin doesn't seem to be working after the update either. So it's not just that the message is up and it's missing the config menu in the plugin section it appears to not be running at all.
          My info:
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.478 (Windows)
          HomeSeer: Is Registered
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB - Work Station

Comment

I tried to run .exe manually and I get this in the Command Prompt. I thought it would create the log, but still no log file.

1/17/2019 12:03:58.603 Trace Main.Main - Tesla Vehicles starting up with arguments:
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.610 Debug Main.Main - Connecting to HS server at 127.0.0.1:10400 ...
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.638 Info Main.Main - Connected.
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.639 Info Main.Main - Log file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Logs\HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES.log
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.718 Trace PluginSettings.Load - >>>> PluginSettings.Load()
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.721 Trace Main.Decrypt - >>>> main.Decrypt(<encrypted text>)
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.722 Trace Main.Decrypt - <<<< main.Decrypt=<plain text>
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.722 Trace Main.Decrypt - >>>> main.Decrypt(<encrypted text>)
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.723 Trace Main.Decrypt - <<<< main.Decrypt=<plain text>
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.725 Trace Main.Decrypt - >>>> main.Decrypt(<encrypted text>)
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.726 Trace Main.Decrypt - <<<< main.Decrypt=<plain text>
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.728 Trace Main.GetVersion - >>>> Main.GetVersion()
            1/17/2019 12:03:58.728 Trace Main.GetVersion - >>>> Main.GetVersion=1.0.2

Comment

No log file created under the string as above in your reply Steve. : HS3\Logs\HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES.log file
              I looked in the other libraries to see if it was misplaced, but no where to find.

I am running a HS3 Pro edition 3.0.0.435
              Microsoft Embedded standard - Work station
              OS version 6.1.7601 Service pack 1.0

Comment

Any update on this? The plugin is currently not working at all with the update.

Comment

Please give this a try - all I can do at this point is experiment with some things since it's working for me for some unknown reason... my best guess is that the threading during startup may be causing a timing/race condition where either faster or slower PCs than mine could experience a different sequence of events, so I've taken that out (it's a HomeSeer recommended practice) since it starts up in ~250 ms anyway.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now I get this error when I enable the plugin and still not working at all.

~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): Tesla Vehicles Instance::Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Comment

Ok, I'm going to do some major rework tonight. None of this makes any sense to me, since it works (even this version) on my system, but I'll get it figured out.

In the meantime, I can republish the older version as 1.1 but it won't work longer than one month after you first signed in with it since there's a bug in the token refresh logic.

Comment

Pretty sure this will take care of that error, so before I go tearing it apart and putting it back together again, see if this simpler fix will do the trick.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes the plugin now works again.

Comment

I just ran into this after a reboot, I can also confirm the update above appears to have fixed it.

Comment

This update did unfortunately not work out for me. Let me know if I did it correct. Download, unzip, run, Yes ? Do I need to uninstall the old plugin before ? Tried, did not work.
                              Will you be so kind to upload the new working plugin to the HS plugin updater ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X