This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation failed

I ran the trial until it expired a few months back and I removed the plug in. I went and purchased it this morning but can't seem to get it to connect to web server and create HS devices. Are there old Tesla Vehicle HS folders and files I should delete first and try to reinstall again?
    May-26 7:49:18 AM Tesla Vehicles Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. (401)
    May-26 7:49:18 AM Tesla Vehicles Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. (401)
    May-26 7:49:17 AM Tesla Vehicles Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. (401)
    May-26 7:49:17 AM Tesla Vehicles Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. (401)
    May-26 7:49:00 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin Tesla Vehicles started successfully in 3020 milliseconds
    May-26 7:49:00 AM Tesla Vehicles Parent vehicle device ref 416 not found.
    May-26 7:48:57 AM Tesla Vehicles Parent vehicle device ref 416 missing - searching devices...
    May-26 7:48:57 AM Tesla Vehicles Running on Windows Version 6.2.9200
    May-26 7:48:57 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Tesla Vehicles ...
    Thanks

I deleted the old folders and reloaded.

This plug-in locks my account. Each time I change my password to unlock it and re register with plug-in it immediately locks my account again. Three times already just to make sure.

Not good

Comment

Did it work for you a few months ago? Has your password changed since then?

You mentioned having deleted the old folders, but have you also deleted any devices created by the plugin?

Did you delete the INI file in the HS3 Config directory?

Comment

yes, it worked good a few months ago. I just never got around to using it that much and the trial had expired so I deleted the PI and the devices were deleted too. This morning I purchased the PI and put my new password in and it didn't list my vehicle. I tried again and got same error.

I then tried my Tesla app on my phone and it it would not take my password. I logged into the site and it stated my account was locked. I changed my Tesla password and tried again. Same results, no car shown in PI, no devices, and again my account was locked. Hmmmm..

I uninstalled the PI from the HS3 management page and located all the tesla folders and ini file and removed them.

Reinstalled PI, went to Account and Tesla Account Authorization. Put in my newly changed password and same thing. No vehicle name, ID, or configuration shows up. Logged into my Tesla app on my phone right away and no go for password. Back to Tesla site and account locked again. I changed password again. Logged in with my app and all is good. Tried PI one more time...again, no go and account locked immediately.

I gave up earlier this morning and will try to spend more time on it tomorrow. Strange behavior...has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

That's never happened to me, and no one else has ever reported it. Sorry you're having all the password troubles - I can imagine how annoying that is

What I really need is a TRACE level plugin log file (not the HS log). Can you have a look at the "Having Trouble? Follow these steps first" sticky thread and email me (steve@skware.net) your log file?

If I can't figure it out from there, there's another undocumented log level that will capture your authentication details in plain text in the log file that would be the next step - for that, I'd encourage you to use a dummy password, of course, then change it back after you capture the log messages. We can look at trying that if necessary.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I just got around to trying this again. I saw your PI revision and I updated. Not sure if it had anything to do with my issue but regardless it accepted my new password and worked on the first shot. I have devices reporting now.

Looks good, thanks for your support.

Comment

No worries - thrilled to hear it's working now! Going to close this out as resolved.

Comment

Working...
              X