No announcement yet.

Exception on new version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I changed my vehicle password how do I update the plug in without deleting all the devices I have. Its a real pain to build all my events and virtual devices around them again.

Thanks.

Comment

If you're on at least 1.3.0, despite the leftover message to the contrary, it won't actually delete your devices if you use the rest my connection button. I removed that message in 1.3.0.2, which I'm finishing testing on tonight. If you want to be safe, take a quick HSD backup first, but you can use that to disconnect and reconnect your account

Comment

ok thanks for quick response. I am not sure I can do it that way unfortunately. I had to change my password first then noticed my HS3 log filled with errors (of course). I stopped the plug in early this morning and restarted it a few minutes ago only to be missing the Teslavehicles configuration menu in my plug in pull down menu. Started and stopped the PI a few times and still no plug in config.

I waited 5 minutes and still no config. Then noticed my HS3 log filling quickly so I stopped it. I will wait for your new version if there is no work around for my issue.
        Sep-18 9:32:10 PM Tesla Vehicles Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests. (429)
        Sep-18 9:32:10 PM Tesla Vehicles Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests. (429)
        Sep-18 9:32:09 PM Tesla Vehicles Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests. (429)
        Sep-18 9:32:09 PM Tesla Vehicles Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests. (429)

Comment

I also have the same problem with the logs filling up with the same message above. I tried to start fresh .

Comment

if you're having this problem please stop your plugin until I can get you a fix so you don't anger Tesla. In order to make sure I fix it, though, I do need a volunteer to get a TRACE level log file recording this behavior. If you can get me that today, I will get a fix to you by tonight.

Comment

Steve I will be glad to volunteer my trace log but I know since my password changed different from the plug in config I thought that was causing the messages so I disabled the plugin the other night.

On top of that I cannot access the teslavehicles configuration page to get a trace no matter how I try. Even tried manually calling the page with the plug in enabled using /TeslaVehicles_Configuration but got bad request.

I know I could probably wipe the plugin and start off with fresh install but I built a lot of dependent virtual devices and events and last time I did this is took me a while to get them back working again.

If you want me to try anything else let me know.

Comment

Ok, yeah, if you can't get to the config page, you'll need to change the INI file directly and set the PluginLogFile to 7 (while the plugin is disabled).

Comment

I just tried as you mentioned editing the INI file and changing the plugin's log file from 4 to 7. I also did the HSlog file as well. Enabled the plug in for a few minutes and then disabled it. I got plenty of HS3 log messages but assuming the trace log gets stored in \html\skWare\TeslaVehicles there is no plugin log file there. Do I need to look elsewhere?

Comment

my bad sorry. Found it in HS3 Log folder. Just emailed...

Comment

This may clear the issues up, but it's going to sweep whatever problem caused the flood of API calls to happen under the rug, so I would still greatly appreciate a log of the offending behavior from anyone who can before they apply this EXE! And once I have confirmation this is working for someone, I'll push it to the updater.
                      Attached Files

Comment

the update allowed me to get the config menu back and I logged in with my new password, thanks. Sadly my original car was created as new with a new root device reference #. I noticed in the INI it has my original deviceref # and this new deviceref #. Can I edit the INI to leave my original ref and will my existing devices work?

Or how else should I handle this?

edit: I tried to update my original device and log states it is not found. Ughhh

Comment

I've submitted 1.3.1 which fixes some other lingering issues. Should be in the updater tomorrow. You shouldn't need to re-add your vehicle - if you get in a state where that's an option/required, I'd love to see a TRACE log of the startup of your plugin so I can try to fix it instead of anyone having to rebuild everything!

(To re-test, I took an empty HS install, added version 1.2.1, which used the old IDs, then updated to 1.3.1 and it worked as expected, so this should be fine for most people.)

Comment

Steve disregard my recent PM about my plugin taking a dump early this morning, it did but I just saw your posts and the 1.3.1 update and all went smooth. Existing devices are intact and functioning. Nice work and thanks for sticking with this. Your support is much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
                              Steve disregard my recent PM about my plugin taking a dump early this morning, it did but I just saw your posts and the 1.3.1 update and all went smooth. Existing devices are intact and functioning. Nice work and thanks for sticking with this. Your support is much appreciated!
                              Whew! Very glad to hear that

Comment

Working...
                              X