Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shill
    replied
    Submitted 1.4.0 to the updater just now - should address most.

I don't know what's up with the location page, still need some input from you - please see above request for HTML content of the locations page.

Leave a comment:

• superwerder
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I haven't heard any other reports of vehicles not appearing, but I'll happily look into it if you can provide a TRACE log. I am working on an updated version that includes the new features provided by the app and data now being reported - it's pretty much finished, but I need to do some more testing (including adding new vehicles, so I'll look out for problems there).
    This is not that important as it works now. Don't know if I can replicate it.

Regarding the map, I just checked it on my own production system and it shows up fine; likewise I haven't had any reports of it not working from anyone else, so I'll need more info from your specific environment to start trying to figure that out. One thing that I recall fixing in the past had to do with locales; if you happen to have the ability to test this with a US-based locale, it would certainly clear that up. If not, providing some screenshots of the behavior you're experiencing and possibly a "save as" or copy/paste of the HTML you see on the "Locations" page.
    I uploaded how it looks on the location page. I tried with different browsers on different computers. It's the same everywhere. The link from the location device will display the right location in Google though.

Fully agree on the km vs. miles - in general, I use the units reported in the JSON data to describe any measurements (temperature, range/distance, etc.). Perhaps there's something I've missed if that's not happening for you. As a starting point, if you could have a look at this thread: Having problems? Follow these steps first. and provide the requested info (here or via email - steve@skware.net) - that will help me understand if there's some configuration about your vehicle that I may need to account for.
    I uploaded a picture where you can see the odometer device and the speed limit device. The odometer is showing 3319,18 km. My odometer in the car is showing 5342km, which is exactly the conversion from 3319,18 miles in km. So the device displays miles with "km" after.
    For the speed limit you can also see the drop down list contains values up til 90 which doesnt make sense in km. The 85 the device says converts to 137kph, which is what is set in the car. So there is some kind of calculation missing.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post
    Regarding the charge port, I'll sniff the app behavior (my initial work on the plugin was leveraging the APIs as documented by others, but no one had documented the new features yet, so I had to figure out a setup to allow me to do that) and look at what it's doing. As far as I can tell from other reading I've done, the door unlock command is the only way to do that - the original command I had was the same to open it (per the example API I was using) but that always resulted in a failure with "already open".
    Ok, just confirmed that the "open charge port" command is also the "unlock charge port" command. I don't know why we were getting a response from that API with a result of "false; already open", but it's definitely working with the current version. I'll add it back in the update I'm working on, but you can always use the "open charge port" command that's already there, too.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback. I haven't heard any other reports of vehicles not appearing, but I'll happily look into it if you can provide a TRACE log. I am working on an updated version that includes the new features provided by the app and data now being reported - it's pretty much finished, but I need to do some more testing (including adding new vehicles, so I'll look out for problems there).

Regarding the map, I just checked it on my own production system and it shows up fine; likewise I haven't had any reports of it not working from anyone else, so I'll need more info from your specific environment to start trying to figure that out. One thing that I recall fixing in the past had to do with locales; if you happen to have the ability to test this with a US-based locale, it would certainly clear that up. If not, providing some screenshots of the behavior you're experiencing and possibly a "save as" or copy/paste of the HTML you see on the "Locations" page.

Fully agree on the km vs. miles - in general, I use the units reported in the JSON data to describe any measurements (temperature, range/distance, etc.). Perhaps there's something I've missed if that's not happening for you. As a starting point, if you could have a look at this thread: Having problems? Follow these steps first. and provide the requested info (here or via email - steve@skware.net) - that will help me understand if there's some configuration about your vehicle that I may need to account for.

Regarding the charge port, I'll sniff the app behavior (my initial work on the plugin was leveraging the APIs as documented by others, but no one had documented the new features yet, so I had to figure out a setup to allow me to do that) and look at what it's doing. As far as I can tell from other reading I've done, the door unlock command is the only way to do that - the original command I had was the same to open it (per the example API I was using) but that always resulted in a failure with "already open".

As for HS4, I'm expecting HS to honor their plan to make sure this plugin works fine as-is, though the Configuration UI won't get the new look/feel. If that's something users want, then it might require a small upgrade fee to cover the (large) effort required to do that. That's something that HS doesn't make possible yet for plugin authors, though.

But under no circumstances will I expect anyone to pay more than once for access to any of my plugins.

Leave a comment:

• superwerder
    started a topic Couple of problems and questions

Couple of problems and questions

Hi,

I installed the PI a couple of days ago. I found some bugs and have also some questions before buying the plugin.

Bugs:
    - Car didn't appear until I restarted the PI
    - Can't add locations. The Google map does not appear like in the picture in the documentation file
    - Miles added should be Distance added to include us metric users
    - Odometer says km (like my settings in the car) but the number is miles as it is app. 1.6 times lower than what my odometer says. I think this is actually a problem for all devices that have miles/km in them.

Questions:
    - I can see that the you removed the unlock charge port command. In my local Tesla facebook group someone posted a video 2 weeks ago where he could open it using this: https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebr...BbG9HpoySFVnCg

I would really like this feature to come back, so I hope this helps you to bring it back.

- What about the new defrost and vent commands? Will they be added?

- Will you continue with this HS3 PI or make a new one for HS4? I don't want to pay twice for the same PI.
Working...
X