This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location Question

When I use the location in an event and pull up to my house it does not trigger the event until about a minute after I arrive. Is there a way to update the location faster?

The plug-in works by polling the Tesla servers every few minutes, so it's just a question of how long it's been since it checked last. You can decrease the polling interval, but I set the default for a somewhat infrequent basis to avoid getting into any trouble with Tesla or getting an http error for "too many requests".

​​​​​And the more frequently you poll the car, the more potential battery drain (though if the car is in park, the default settings will prevent this and try to let it go to sleep).

There is another possibility for future development using the websocket capability to get more real time updates, but I haven't looked into it much and have heard mixed reviews from other projects.

Comment

That would be great if you could look into that. The reason I bought this plug-in is have it open my garage door once I drive onto my street. This would be done though HS and not with homelink.

Comment

Installed TV today, but cannot get Location to work. When I click "Add new Location", I get the map, give the position a name, and add it. But nothing is stored in the "Add new location".

Comment

Originally posted by Mobileum View Post
          Installed TV today, but cannot get Location to work. When I click "Add new Location", I get the map, give the position a name, and add it. But nothing is stored in the "Add new location".
          I just tested this on my system and it's working fine. Can you please read this sticky: Having problems? Follow these steps first. and provide the request information for any problem reports so I can assist you?

Comment

Confirming Location is now working after the last update

Comment

Great! Going to close this thread now since the reported issue is resolved.

Comment

Working...
              X