range and miles added by last charge incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

range and miles added by last charge incorrect

Hi shill I am testing the Tesla Vehicles plugin with a new model S P100D raven.

My estimated and idea range seem to be wrong and my miles added by last chat (estimated) and (ideal) also seem wrong.

Right now the car has 243 miles of estimated range left.

The plugin updated a few minutes ago and it’s devices show:

138 mi P100D Battery Range (Estimated)

999 mi P100D Battery Range (Ideal)

Also, the “Miles Added by Last Charge (Estimated)“ and “Miles Added by Last Charge (Ideal)” devices both show updated times every day but never show any values.

I will email you the root device data dump, trace debug log, and system and car info.

Thanks!

-mda

Thanks for the thorough report via email!!

I see that they've done something different with your vehicle data than I've seen before. There are 3 reports of battery level in all vehicle data: "battery range" "estimated battery range" and "ideal battery range". In my model 3 (and apparently everyone else's?) the "battery range" and "ideal battery range" are the same, so I picked "ideal" so I could more clearly reflect the two different types of values Tesla provides. The data for your car clearly shows an "ideal" range of 999.

I'm going to add a 3rd range device - that way I provide access to all 3 and each owner can individually choose which one(s) to bother showing in their device list. I'm trying very hard to code any "if model 3 then ... else if model x and raven then... or if not raven then..." kind of logic.

Comment

Thanks! Do you need me to capture a trace log of a charge session to track down the “miles added by last charge” piece?

Comment

I haven't looked into that part as much yet - the data from your vehicle is nonsensical, though, so not sure there's anything I can do about that, as it's likely related to the faulty "ideal" range your vehicle is reporting ("charge_miles_added_ideal": 10957.5). You may just need to keep an eye on that one to see if it gets better over time or remove that device altogether.

The fact they're blank is on me - I'll figure that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          Thanks for the thorough report via email!!

I see that they've done something different with your vehicle data than I've seen before. There are 3 reports of battery level in all vehicle data: "battery range" "estimated battery range" and "ideal battery range". In my model 3 (and apparently everyone else's?) the "battery range" and "ideal battery range" are the same, so I picked "ideal" so I could more clearly reflect the two different types of values Tesla provides. The data for your car clearly shows an "ideal" range of 999.

I'm going to add a 3rd range device - that way I provide access to all 3 and each owner can individually choose which one(s) to bother showing in their device list. I'm trying very hard to code any "if model 3 then ... else if model x and raven then... or if not raven then..." kind of logic.
          It looks like my car is reporting the Projected 30 mi Average Range from the Energy App and that is what is going into the “Battery Range (estimated)” HS3 device.

At this same time, the dashboard displays 301 miles estimated range

I can not find a way to display Ideal Range anywhere in the car or Tesla official app.

Comment

Yes, that's the source of the estimated range.

Comment

Yes, that's the source of the estimated range.
              Dashboard is showing 301 miles (which is more accurate)

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
                Dashboard is showing 301 miles (which is more accurate)
                and that looks like it is reported in the JSON as rated range:

Code:
                "battery_range": 301,
                and
                Code:
                "gui_range_display": "Rated",

Comment

Yeah, that's a hold over from when the software allowed you to choose which range to show. They removed that option and now only allow ideal.

Comment

Yeah, that's a hold over from when the software allowed you to choose which range to show. They removed that option and now only allow ideal.
                    Ahh, right!

If you could add a device that shows that battery_range value it would help me out. Thanks!

Comment

This is still my plan. This plugin just hasn't come up in the rotation yet for an update. It should be soon, though - good chance I'll get started on it over the 4 day weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X