Close sunroof not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close sunroof not working

When executing a “Close Sunroof” command from either an event or directly from the device, I get the following errors:

”Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (400)”

followed by:

“Command 'sun_roof_control' failed: ''”

and then:

“Failed to process the sun_roof_control request: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

Are the sunroof commands generally working for others? Any thoughts on what I could do to fix?

Same for me.

Comment

Since I don't have a sunroof on my model 3, I've never been able to test those commands. Please review the sticky thread on what to do if you have a problem and email or PM me a trace log and I'll be happy to try to work through this so I can get this working for those of you with that option!

Comment

Log sendt...

Comment

Looks like this has changed on Tesla's end (and this seems like a good time to remind everyone that this is an unofficial API that isn't documented, so they can (and do) change stuff without telling anyone...):

POST /api/1/vehicles/{id}/command/sun_roof_control
          Controls the panoramic sunroof on the Model S.

Note: There were state options for open (100%), comfort (~80%), and move (combined with a percent parameter), but they have since been disabled server side. It is unknown if they will return at a later time.
          Parameter
          Example
          Description
          state
          vent
          The amount to open the sunroof. Currently this only allows the values vent and close.
          I'll get another update out soon to adapt to these changes.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
            Looks like this has changed on Tesla's end (and this seems like a good time to remind everyone that this is an unofficial API that isn't documented, so they and (and do) change stuff without telling anyone...):

I'll get another update out soon to adapt to these changes.
            much appreciated and completely understand about undocumented API changes; no worries at all

I’ll take a look through other functionality as well to see if anything else isn’t working currently. That way you can at least put them on the list so you can resolve when time allows.

Comment

Originally posted by richardfj View Post

much appreciated and completely understand about undocumented API changes; no worries at all

I’ll take a look through other functionality as well to see if anything else isn’t working currently. That way you can at least put them on the list so you can resolve when time allows.
              It doesn't help that I went from January 2nd to February 10th without my Model 3 while awaiting some collision repair (minor rear-end accident, but required cutting out and welding in a new lower trunk, which is apparently very hard!), so I'm glad nothing blew up during that time, though it did slow my conversion of the plugin to HS4 considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

It doesn't help that I went from January 2nd to February 10th without my Model 3 while awaiting some collision repair (minor rear-end accident, but required cutting out and welding in a new lower trunk, which is apparently very hard!), so I'm glad nothing blew up during that time, though it did slow my conversion of the plugin to HS4 considerably.
                Ouch, someone rear ending my car would royally piss me off :-(

On the plugin, the only other error I seem to be getting when trying the controls, is being able to remove Valet mode. I set Valet mode through the plugin, but when I try to turn it off, I get: Command 'set_valet_mode' failed: '{"response":{"reason":"already on","result":false}}'

Let me know if you need anything else to help troubleshoot this one.

Comment

Fixed valet issue in 1.4.2 and also added code to remove all but "Close" and "Vent" buttons. Please confirm if those are working with vehicles that have sunroofs for me once you get the update!

Comment

Will do. 1.4.1.1 is the version currently available. I'm assuming it just take HS a couple of days to push the new version correct?

Comment

Log file sendt.

Comment

Dang it - it's still using numbers, not text, so I clearly missed something important...

Comment

I finally had a chance to run through all the controls for the features that I have enabled. This is what I am finding (Model S, plugin version 1.4.2.0):

root device - all controls work, except: vent and close windows (I get a feature not supported error)

valet mode - on and off both work (only turning on worked in 1.4.1.0, so I assume this was a bug fix in 1.4.2.0)

climate system - all works

driver seat warmers - all works

passenger seat warmers - all works

charge limit - all works

charging state - all works

charge port lock - all works

sunroof - neither close or vent works

trunk - open works / would it be possible to add a close action to this feature?

speed limit mode - all works

speed limit - it shows the correct status from settings made in car or through the app, but I am
                          not able to select a new speed limit setting from the drop-down

Let me know if I can provide any additional info when you get a chance to troubleshoot any of these.

The ability to close windows and close sunroof would actually be useful to get to work. I would like to include a close action in my house “bedtime event”. I accidentally left my passenger side window open the other day and got in a nicely wet car in the morning ;-)

I also plan on setting a close windows and sunroof event if the car is in park and not at home. That way if I forget to close them while at work or the valet forgets to close them, they get closed.

grazie

Comment

I finally had a chance to run through all the controls for the features that I have enabled. This is what I am finding (Model S, plugin version 1.4.2.0):

root device - all controls work, except: vent and close windows (I get a feature not supported error)
                            Do you have the ability to do that from your mobile app? There was also a change made so location is important for "Close", so I'll fix that, too.

sunroof - neither close or vent works
                            Yep, didn't fix this exactly right last time...

trunk - open works / would it be possible to add a close action to this feature?
                            It looks like it's actually the same command, so I just need to update the label for S/X models. This will be the only case where I have model-specific logic, though, so will need to think about that a little.

speed limit - it shows the correct status from settings made in car or through the app, but I am not able to select a new speed limit setting from the drop-down
                            I found the issue here and have resolved it.

Comment

All of these items are fixed in 1.4.3 (except perhaps your window controls - sounds like your vehicle doesn't support that?).

Comment

Working...
                              X