Close windows when the car has been parked for more than 10 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close windows when the car has been parked for more than 10 minutes

Really bad with events. This is what I wrote but not sure it has been done right. I want to make sure the windows are close when ideally the car is locked but I do not see that option, so I could use the event that check if is parked and one of the windows are open, send me an email. Eventually I would like to automate. I would like your take on how you would write yours.
    Attached Files

You need to repeat the "If Shift State has been Park" on each independent condition (every time you use OR).

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      You need to repeat the "If Shift State has been Park" on each independent condition (every time you use OR).
      Thank you shill. Please share some of your events if you have any. I would love to see what you guys use.

There is any way that I can tell that the car is locked so I could use it instead of parked?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
        Thank you shill. Please share some of your events if you have any. I would love to see what you guys use.

There is any way that I can tell that the car is locked so I could use it instead of parked?

There's a "Door Lock" device that will tell you that:

Click image for larger version

Name:	locks.png
Views:	83
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1365785

Comment

Also, there's a thread I started (but haven't gotten much input on, TBD) to share ideas on how people are using it. Taking your suggestion, I added some pictures of my events to my earlier posts there: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ro...ing-the-plugin

Comment

Also, there's a thread I started (but haven't gotten much input on, TBD) to share ideas on how people are using it. Taking your suggestion, I added some pictures of my events to my earlier posts there: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ro...ing-the-plugin
            Thank you so much, excellent plugin by the way. As I make progress, I will put more events there and will ask for more input.

Thanks

Comment

I just want to make sure I wrote the event right, here is the picture of the changes I made to it.
              Attached Files

Comment

On all but the first, you need to swap the trigger and the condition, otherwise it will only fire when the windows change to open while it's locked, vs what you want where it triggers when the car becomes locked if the windows are open.

Comment

On all but the first, you need to swap the trigger and the condition, otherwise it will only fire when the windows change to open while it's locked, vs what you want where it triggers when the car becomes locked if the windows are open.
                  I told you, I'm really bad on events 😁 thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
                    I told you, I'm really bad on events 😁 thank you.

It took me a while to get comfortable with the HS3 events - IMHO the HS2 approach was clearer because it specifically differentiated between triggers and conditions.

Comment

Working...
                    X