Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicles won't sleep, causing lots of drain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicles won't sleep, causing lots of drain.

New to the plugin, but read the docs time and time again. This plugin is keeping both Teslas awake, and we don't know why. Can you review and see if you see anything set wrong? I am sure it's this plugin, the moment I shut it down then cars sleep shortly afterwards. When I turn it back on, they stay awake. I tried several times back and forth to be sure. Thoughts?

Attached Files

I've found mine is highly variable when it comes to how long it takes to sleep. About all you can do is increase those 2 numbers and see how far you have to take it for the car to sleep. Also make sure you're not executing any events that send any commands to the car, as it has to force it awake for that to work.

After you stop the plugin, how long does it take the car to go to sleep? And how are you monitoring to know if it's asleep or not?

Comment

I moved the "When waiting to Sleep" from 30 minutes to 60 minutes, now re-testing with that first. I can tell three ways 1) The battery is dropping while parked and 2) When we go into the app it doesn't have to wake the vehicles first, they are immediately available 3) the 12V outlet is on. I'll update you back, it takes a little time between tests to verify.

Comment

Updating you, I am now at 1440 minutes for "Waiting to sleep, Recheck status if not asleep after", vehicle polling is still at 300 seconds. All Tesla events have been disabled during troubleshooting. So far, it's still holding the vehicles awake 24x7. I am now moving the vehicle polling to 600 seconds. I disabled the plugin again to verify they go back to sleep, and they do within about 30 minutes. I'll update you again after these tests. Just letting you know I am actively trying to figure out where we need to be for this to work.

Comment

Really appreciate the insight. Is the plugin status saying "waiting for sleep" the whole time?

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
            Really appreciate the insight. Is the plugin status saying "waiting for sleep" the whole time?
            The cars always show "Online" and the statuses show "Success". Does this mean anything? It does not change to "Waiting to Sleep"

Comment

Then that's the root of the problem. I'll start looking into why it could get stuck like that.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                Then that's the root of the problem. I'll start looking into why it could get stuck like that.
                Good deal. If the logs would help, I can certainly provide them. I can also increase to debug level for a short-while if needed.

Comment

I am watching the debug logs now, what I am seeing is on the polling the first API call to query each vehicle returns the JSON showing "state":"online" then the plugin sees "Vehicle is awake, carry on!" which it then sends the full vehicle_data JSON which resets the wake timer causing a never ending loop of keeping them awake. OK, so thats the issue....

If polling vehicle_data causes a wake or a reset on the wake timer, this is the issue since 300 seconds appears to not be enough time for Tesla to go to sleep. I found a great article on this problem from TeslaFi here: https://support.teslafi.com/knowledg...t-vampire-loss

I wish the API made this easier to figure out asleep vs. awake. I'm trying 900 seconds now per what TeslaFi does on their API call....

Comment

Yeah, I'm supposed to stop going all the way to vehicle data if it's in park.

Comment

Originally posted by pciccone View Post
                      I am watching the debug logs now, what I am seeing is on the polling the first API call to query each vehicle returns the JSON showing "state":"online" then the plugin sees "Vehicle is awake, carry on!" which it then sends the full vehicle_data JSON which resets the wake timer causing a never ending loop of keeping them awake. OK, so thats the issue....

If polling vehicle_data causes a wake or a reset on the wake timer, this is the issue since 300 seconds appears to not be enough time for Tesla to go to sleep. I found a great article on this problem from TeslaFi here: https://support.teslafi.com/knowledg...t-vampire-loss

I wish the API made this easier to figure out asleep vs. awake. I'm trying 900 seconds now per what TeslaFi does on their API call....
                      Thank you for looking into it , I had several posts on this as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pciccone View Post

Good deal. If the logs would help, I can certainly provide them. I can also increase to debug level for a short-while if needed.
                        Yeah, I'm going to need TRACE level logs, preferably covering:
                        • Plugin startup (so set it to trace, clear the log file, then stop/start the plugin)
                        • First poll (where it does ForceAwake on purpose)
                        • Second poll (where for a reason I can't yet figure out it does a 2nd ForceAwake)
                        • Third poll (where on my vehicle just now I got the "waiting for sleep" status correctly)
                        • Fourth poll (to confirm still waiting)
                        Please send that as a zip via PM to me and I'll compare it to what I'm seeing and try to figure out why it's working for me and not you.

Comment

Well, now it's working again after restarting the plugin and changing the log levels. Clearly there still is a problem, but it's not cut and dry (which is why you can't reproduce it easily). I wish I had the logging on last night when we were in the permanent loop, for what was a few days - I didn't know the problem would go away on the plugin restart. I am continuing to mess with different things. If/when it comes back I will let you know and do all I can to get logs.

Comment

I think I found the issue - I have to wake the car up to send a command, but there's a variable that ends up out of sync which causes my "start trying to go to sleep" logic to be skipped. Working on the fix now.

Comment

Good deal, i'll test it when it's ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X