Keeping car awake for 5 minutes after parking in the driveway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping car awake for 5 minutes after parking in the driveway

I'm playing with TeslaUSB, a sentryon utility that can store camera data on the NAS. In order for the transfer to happen, the car needs to be awake for about 10 minutes after the car has been parked in my driveway so it can download the latest clips on the NAS. Any suggestions to keep the car awake for that time?

Is anyone using that plugin by any chance?

Here's a thought... You might be able to use UltraLog3 (or similar) to detect when you car connects onto the Wifi and then use this plugin (if it supports this) to ping the car every minute for 10 mins. The only challenge maybe that you'd need to figure out when the car has just got home vs any other time it (or you) might wake it and then it gets kept awake longer than necessary.
    cheeryfool

Comment

I'm also using TeslaUSB and haven't really bothered with that kind of logic because it usually takes the car 30 minutes to go to sleep anyway (evidence: all your other posts about the car not going to sleep...)

But if you want, just add an event triggered by "when car location changes to 'Home'" that does an Update, wait a few minutes, Update, wait a few minutes, Update until you get the balance you want of Update frequency + time. But IMHO it's not necessary.

Comment

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          Here's a thought... You might be able to use UltraLog3 (or similar) to detect when you car connects onto the Wifi and then use this plugin (if it supports this) to ping the car every minute for 10 mins. The only challenge maybe that you'd need to figure out when the car has just got home vs any other time it (or you) might wake it and then it gets kept awake longer than necessary.
          The car reports location, so you can actually define a "home" radius.

Comment

How?

Disregard. Got it...

Comment

Working...
            X