How do I determine if the windows are open VS Vent Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I determine if the windows are open VS Vent Windows

I try to build some logic if I have open windows or they are on Vent mode. Does the plugin know how to differentiate between the two states?

The car only reports if they're closed or open, so "the plugin" can't know any more than that, either.

Comment

Let me rephrase it, how do I differentiate from a trigger of some sort that from within your plugin I selected Vent Windows, I can see it in the log event but when I create and event as below, it does not trigger.
      May-14 9:22:25 AM Device Control Device: Tesla Black Phanther Black Phanther to Vent Windows (1012) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Attached Files

Comment

You're confusing control with status. HS devices have "values" that are either status, control, or both. "Status" values are what populate the dropdown in the "changes and becomes..." list, and what drives the graphic and label on the devices. "Control" values are what drive the buttons on the devices and how HS communicates what action has been requested (either to itself or to plugins), and so they aren't valid as triggers (which is why it wasn't in the list when you tried this, and instead manually typed in a value that it will never "become").

There's no way to do what you're looking for because there's no device that communicates "the windows are vented".

Comment

I got it, what is still confusing me is that your plugin knows that I'm using the "vent Windows" There should be a easy way to know that I was pressing that button. Let me explain what I'm trying to do so maybe we can find a solution to it. If I leave the windows open by mistake, I want to automatically close them via an event but when I select Vent Windows, the windows are opened for a different reason so I do not want to close them. I need a way to differentiate between the two. I think you should be able to easily create another device called Vent Windows and turn it on or off correct? Then I can use some logic to check if they are open for venting or because they have been accidentally left open. Does it make sense?

Comment

I totally understand what you're doing, and if Tesla returned a status of "Vented", "Opened", "Closed", that would be totally possible. But since all I can tell from the car is "Opened" or "Closed", there's no way to know if you pushed the "vent" button in the app, or if you pushed the vent button in the plugin then manually rolled the windows all the way down, etc. And I am not going to take the risk that the car and the artificial status my plugin tracks gets out of sync and your car gets flooded or robbed because the windows were really all the way down.

You're welcome to create your own virtual device that tracks "did I vent the windows", then use an event to vent them AND turn on that device, then use a separate event to turn it off when the windows change to "closed", then you can use that virtual device to base your logic on, but you do so at your own risk because of the situation described above.

Comment

I understand and makes sense. When you mean create a virtual device that track "did I vent the windows", would it be a manual process of me clicking on the virtual device to turn it on or off?

Comment

I mean instead of ever using the "Black Panther" device to vent the windows from HS, set up a new event that does 2 things:
                When manually triggered:
                1) Control Device: Black Panther > Vent the Windows,
                2) Control Device: Vented Windows > On

Then a 2nd device to make sure it doesn't get left "on":
                When a device changes and becomes... Black Panther > Driver Front Window Window changes and becomes "Closed" OR
                When a device changes and becomes... Black Panther > Passenger Front Window Window changes and becomes "Closed" OR
                When a device changes and becomes... Black Panther > Driver Back Window Window changes and becomes "Closed" OR
                When a device changes and becomes... Black Panther > Passenger Back Window Window changes and becomes "Closed"
                1) Control Device: Virtual Vented Windows > Off

The entire system breaks if one of the windows gets closed but not all, or if the windows are vented from the app, or if the windows started out vented from HS but then were opened further, but the virtual event should always reset to Off at least once they're closed.

Comment

Working...
                X