This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waits To Sleep When Starting To Charge

Unlike other threads where people have found it a problem getting their Tesla to sleep, mine sleeps just fine.

However, I do find this plugin tries to sleep after initially detecting the vehicle is going on charge. eg every night I come home, the plugin is happily knowing I was driving and is online, I plugin to charge, the plugin also acknowledges that, then on next checkin 2 minutes later always decides to "waiting for sleep".

Case in point - after a few hours driving, which the plugin knew, I just got home and plugged in. You can see in the screenshot below the plugin knows this, yet 2 minutes later decides to "waiting for sleep" and thus does not checkin for a further 30 minutes.

It will always correct itself 30 minutes later, but there is always the mix-up 2 minutes after plugging in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.33.37 pm.png
Views:	106
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1387852

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.40.57 pm.png
Views:	76
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1387853

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
    Unlike other threads where people have found it a problem getting their Tesla to sleep, mine sleeps just fine.

However, I do find this plugin tries to sleep after initially detecting the vehicle is going on charge. eg every night I come home, the plugin is happily knowing I was driving and is online, I plugin to charge, the plugin also acknowledges that, then on next checkin 2 minutes later always decides to "waiting for sleep".

Case in point - after a few hours driving, which the plugin knew, I just got home and plugged in. You can see in the screenshot below the plugin knows this, yet 2 minutes later decides to "waiting for sleep" and thus does not checkin for a further 30 minutes.

It will always correct itself 30 minutes later, but there is always the mix-up 2 minutes after plugging in.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.33.37 pm.png
Views:	106
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1387852

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.40.57 pm.png
Views:	76
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1387853
    I'm curious if you got the answer to your question.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in the middle of some significant changes so haven't had a chance to work on this yet.

Comment

Thanks for the updates

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          I'm in the middle of some significant changes so haven't had a chance to work on this yet.
          Just touching base to see if the charging/driving thing is something you are working to solve?

If not I'm thinking of creating an event that forces a "status update" every 2 minutes whenever the charge port is open or car is in not in park - this way it is forced awake and the vitals update correctly. Though I worry this may cause power drain as this solution would force a complete poll with the car - whereas if the plugin were not going to sleep it would merely check-in with any changes in the cached data at Tesla's end. Maybe I'll just do it when charge port is open then... 👍

Comment

I just finished a massive refactoring of the communication code this morning. After I finish testing it all, I'll be looking into this before releasing it.

Comment

Hi Shill, any updates? If you would like, I would be happy to test it. FYI, I'm on HS3.

Comment

I think I ironed out the last of the bugs around wake/sleep stuff just this morning so I'll have something available for testing hopefully by tomorrow. Desperate to get this out since I don't want to mess with HS4 stuff until it's solid!

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                  I think I ironed out the last of the bugs around wake/sleep stuff just this morning so I'll have something available for testing hopefully by tomorrow. Desperate to get this out since I don't want to mess with HS4 stuff until it's solid!
                  Looking forward to it, thanks

Comment

Here's the list:
                    • Added a configurable delay before trying to sleep when vehicle becomes idle
                    • Added a "Wake State" device to more clearly track power management states
                    • Demoted the current "parent" device to a child and created a new root device with no controls or status
                    • Removed temperature controls from Passenger climate because the API no longer supports that feature
                    • Removed event action for scheduling a software update in the future because the API does not honor that ability (you can still install on demand via the "Software Version" device)
                    • Fixed an issue with the Frunk's Status Pairs
                    • Refactored communication layer to be more responsive to device control commands

The parent device stuff is prep for HS4, and I didn't want to break any events using those commands so it safely rearranges things. The part I couldn't avoid was any event conditions or triggers based on the root device status, since I split out the "success/failure" and the "Waiting to sleep/wake" stuff and put the latter with the "Awake/Asleep" stuff on the new "Wake State" device. So apologies in advance if you have much stuff targeting either of those status values...

Comment

Working...
                    X