Random Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Failure

Not sure if this log information is useful as I don't have detailed turned on (obviously as didn't anticipate a problem this morning) - unsure why Tesla's API timed out but it then caused a non-graceful fail.
    Jun-02 6:53:51 AM Tesla Vehicles Failed to process the set_charge_limit request: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jun-02 6:53:51 AM Tesla Vehicles Command 'set_charge_limit' failed: ''
    Jun-02 6:53:51 AM Tesla Vehicles Web request failed: The remote server returned an error: (408) Request Timeout. (408)
    Jun-02 6:53:09 AM Device Control Device: USS Odyssey Status to Update (1001)
    Jun-02 6:52:52 AM Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Watts 2 Set to 40.1 (40.1 Watts)
    Jun-02 6:52:49 AM Device Control Device: USS Odyssey Charge Limit to 80% (80)
    Jun-02 6:52:49 AM Event Event Trigger "Tesla Pre-Condition - Charge To 80% During Shower In Morning"
    Jun-02 6:52:49 AM Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Fan Set to ON

It happens sometimes. Not always the same error, either. I could try to resend it, but that's not great for other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      It happens sometimes. Not always the same error, either. I could try to resend it, but that's not great for other reasons.
      Agree - I'm thinking something along the lines of a child object holding the status of any commands sent so I can react accordingly?

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

Agree - I'm thinking something along the lines of a child object holding the status of any commands sent so I can react accordingly?
        The "status" child device reports back success or failure for every command.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

The "status" child device reports back success or failure for every command.
          That child spends all its time reporting "Waiting for sleep" for me - which is odd when it has been plugged into the charger for 12 hours or parked at work for 8 hours with sentry mode on

Comment

This morning it failed to increase charge limit but without a web timeout AND waiting for vehicle to "wake up" even though:
            • Has been plugged into charger for 14 hours (per charge port open)
            • Charing complete 13 hours prior (per charging state and battery level)
            • Car is not asleep
            Jun-06 7:31:36 AM Tesla Vehicles Failed to process the set_charge_limit request: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            Jun-06 7:31:36 AM Tesla Vehicles Command 'set_charge_limit' failed: ''
            Jun-06 7:31:36 AM Tesla Vehicles Failed to wake up vehicle 2024809171
            Jun-06 7:30:20 AM Device Control Device: USS Odyssey Status to Update (1001)
            Jun-06 7:30:00 AM Device Control Device: USS Odyssey Charge Limit to 80% (80)
            Jun-06 7:30:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Tesla Pre-Condition - Charge To 80% If No Early Morning Shower"
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 9.10.49 am.png
Views:	78
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1391637

That said, rest assured this has all been working beautifully for weeks - only this week suddenly had these failures. I rebooted HomeSeer couple of nights ago to ensure no issue carried over or anything? Odd...

Comment

Working...
            X