Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta version 1.5.0

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Yes, if you can't save/refactor yours to match the names I'm using, they will keep resetting.

    Comment


      #32
      Still confused why the icons need to keep changing - I have many devices and plugins and none keep resetting on me like the Tesla plugin does, it's really frustrating that it keeps resetting my settings

      Anyways seat heaters. This all-new version of the plugin has a strange little gremlin. When I automatically activate the climate control when my coffee machine is used in the morning I also turn the seat heaters on or off depending on the outside temperature - once only operation, has worked a treat for a long time.

      With this new version the seat heater status changes to OFF a few minutes later. Forcing an "update" does not correct this.

      However, in the car the seat heaters are indeed still ON.

      I swear I have also a couple of times seen the indicator turn OFF, then turn ON again a while later, then turn OFF again. All the while the seat heaters are in fact ON.

      Only started with this new version. So it's "working" okay, it's just that the visual indicator is a bit wonky . Wouldn't notice if it wasn't for my kitchen iPad, which I glance when I walk past after my coffee to confirm things are good (eg car is charged (I auto-top her up when shower in use), climate on, seat heaters on, solar is generating good power, various other bits and pieces, etc).

      Comment


        #33
        I'll take a look at the seat heater stuff.

        The icons change because there are settings you can alter in the vehicle/outside of the plugin that affect how the plugin works, so any device that might require adjustments to the controls or possible status values gets refreshed when I get new data. I'll eventually get around to letting you tell me what graphic to use with each device type, but that's very low on the priority list.

        Until then, if I were in your shoes I'd write a script to set up the VGPs the way you want, then you can set that to trigger on a recurring basis or whenever the status device is set or something like that.

        Comment


          #34
          Charge Port (S/X) indicate Unlocked all the time. Using Control will lock, but not open the port.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Mobileum View Post
            Charge Port (S/X) indicate Unlocked all the time. Using Control will lock, but not open the port.
            There is no "charge port unlock" command in the Tesla API. Sending the "charge port open" command ALSO unlocks it, but for reasons unknown, sometimes attempts to unlock fail with a response of "already open". There was an issue with the plugin failing to reflect a successful unlock visually, which will be fixed in the next release if I decide to leave the "unlock" feature in the product. Because I can't guarantee it works, it might be better to remove it entirely...

            Edit: there's DEFINITELY no control to lock it, are you sure that's what you meant? My testing showed it was Locked all the time.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
              This all-new version of the plugin has a strange little gremlin. When I automatically activate the climate control when my coffee machine is used in the morning I also turn the seat heaters on or off depending on the outside temperature - once only operation, has worked a treat for a long time.

              With this new version the seat heater status changes to OFF a few minutes later. Forcing an "update" does not correct this.

              However, in the car the seat heaters are indeed still ON.

              I swear I have also a couple of times seen the indicator turn OFF, then turn ON again a while later, then turn OFF again. All the while the seat heaters are in fact ON.

              Only started with this new version. So it's "working" okay, it's just that the visual indicator is a bit wonky . Wouldn't notice if it wasn't for my kitchen iPad, which I glance when I walk past after my coffee to confirm things are good (eg car is charged (I auto-top her up when shower in use), climate on, seat heaters on, solar is generating good power, various other bits and pieces, etc).
              I'm not able to recreate this - do you have anything else going on that might interfere? Like other events messing with the climate system of the car, or triggers that are accidentally firing to change things, or the built-in prep logic in the car itself?

              I'd like to see a trace log for when this behavior is happening so I can see why it's being told it's off/on/off/on/etc.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                Still confused why the icons need to keep changing - I have many devices and plugins and none keep resetting on me like the Tesla plugin does, it's really frustrating that it keeps resetting my settings
                I figured out 3 important things:
                1. Some of them were resetting WAY too often (every restart when it should have just happened after an upgrade)
                2. Some changes were at risk of being repeated over and over if I didn't update the minor version (i.e. for just a bugfix release I normally only do the revision).
                3. Some of the things I was protecting against changing are unlikely to ever change (allowable setpoints, min/max for climate system, etc.), so I just removed that logic.
                So the only times you'll run into problems with graphics being reset is if I have to update one of those devices for some reason (like in 1.5.2, where I had to change the Charge Port Lock device) - and then it should be a 1-time fix only.

                Comment


                  #38
                  I get this, and have tried to reconnect and reset several times. But everything is working fine as far as I can observe:

                  CRITICAL: Authentication failed. Please reconnect your account on the Config page.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by shill View Post
                    I'm not able to recreate this - do you have anything else going on that might interfere? Like other events messing with the climate system of the car, or triggers that are accidentally firing to change things, or the built-in prep logic in the car itself?

                    I'd like to see a trace log for when this behavior is happening so I can see why it's being told it's off/on/off/on/etc.
                    My event to turn on the climate fires up once (when I use my coffee machine) and my event to turn on the seat heater fires up once (when the climate kicks in):
                    Code:
                    6/08/2020 7:42:24 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Pre-Condition - Revert Charge Limit To 75% After Departure"
                    6/08/2020 7:38:46 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Keep Awake When Charging"
                    6/08/2020 7:34:29 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Unlock Charge Port If Entering (But Not Exiting) Garage"
                    6/08/2020 7:33:46 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Keep Awake When Charging"
                    6/08/2020 7:29:32 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Pre-Condition - Turn On Seat Heater With Climate If Weather Is Cold"
                    6/08/2020 7:29:31 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Pre-Condition - Turn On Climate When Making Coffee In The Morning"
                    6/08/2020 7:28:46 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Keep Awake When Charging"
                    6/08/2020 7:23:46 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Keep Awake When Charging"
                    6/08/2020 7:18:46 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Keep Awake When Charging"
                    6/08/2020 7:13:46 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Keep Awake When Charging"
                    6/08/2020 7:08:46 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Keep Awake When Charging"
                    6/08/2020 7:03:46 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Keep Awake When Charging"
                    6/08/2020 7:01:55 AM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Tesla Pre-Condition - Charge To 80% During Shower In Morning"
                    However you are forgetting an important point - the plugin suddenly changes to the seat heater being OFF a minute or so after the seat heater is turned on however the seat heater is in fact still ON. It was never turned off - not by event, not by the plugin, it is actually still ON.

                    Here's the evidence - I then drove to work, a 20 minute trip, and throughout that time the climate AND seat heater were ON. I then arrived at work and obviously when I walked away from the car it locked and the climate turned off. The climate and seat heater should therefore have the same OFF time... but look at the current status of my HS4:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Plugin Issue.png
Views:	79
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1408859
                    This confirms I arrived to work at 8:00am (Location), the climate turned off at 8:02am (Climate System), but allegedly the seat heater (Passenger Front Door, as plugin incorrectly classifies my driver's seat as passenger seat) was off at 7:30am (approximately 30 seconds after it was turned on) but it was actually ON for half an hour and turned off same time as the climate.

                    This only started last weekend with the new version of the plugin. This is easily reproducible - I can simply hit the Medium button for the Passenger Front Seat Heater and wait a minute for it to incorrectly say it is now off (but is in fact still on), so I'll turn on full logging tonight and hopefully it captures something for you 👍

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Interestingly that screenshot also demonstrates that passenger vs driver issue I was chatting to you about a few months ago - notice it shows the "Driver" Front Door was opened/closed when I got to work (the only door I opened), however for the seat heater it is "Passenger". You would think a locale issue would mean everything would be flipped but it is only the seat heater that has that problem - no biggy I have everything programmed for passenger instead, merely noticed that screenshot demonstrates it.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                        This is easily reproducible - I can simply hit the Medium button for the Passenger Front Seat Heater and wait a minute for it to incorrectly say it is now off (but is in fact still on), so I'll turn on full logging tonight and hopefully it captures something for you 👍
                        If this is easily reproducible, then you shouldn't have to run full logging overnight and capture something - just having the log on while it's going back and forth on its own will be helpful. I can't reproduce it here - I can simply hit the Medium button for the Passenger Front Seat Heater and wait 6 minutes (so far) for it to continue saying it's still on.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Sorry I meant tonight as in when I get home from work - it's Thursday afternoon here

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Okay I've gone one better. I'm sitting in my car with my notebook, I've turned everything off in the car, I've used my notebook to turn on full logging in the plugin, I activated the climate via the plugin, and my event kicked in with the climate and checked the outside temperature and then activated the seat warmer.

                            A few seconds later the plugin says the seat warmer is off and I have downloaded the log file for you. Am about to send the log to you via DM.

                            But meanwhile I sit here on a seat warmer that is very very ON.

                            The plugin LIES! Well excluding the fact that the plugin says I am sitting at the driver's door and driver's window but also thinks I am in the passenger seat, that's just whacko LOL

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Reading through the log it seems my joke isn't so much a joke but is in fact part of the problem - the plugin is confused about the RHD nature of the car.

                              The readings it gets back from the car specify RHD is true, seat_heater_left was 0, and seat_heater_right was 2.

                              So the plugin realises the passenger seat warmer is in fact OFF and changes the device to be OFF.

                              But has forgotten it is confused that turning the driver's seat heater on and off involves turning the passenger seat heater on and off.

                              Preferably the fix would be the control logic needs swapping when rhd is true.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Another test - I added the driver's seat heater as a device, updated, and then turned on passenger seat heater:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	SeatHeater1.png
Views:	22
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1408973

                                About a minute later this happened:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	SeatHeater2.png
Views:	21
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1408974

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X