Unable to load config for car, previously worked ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to load config for car, previously worked ok

Hi, I have previously had this plugin working but doesn't load the car config even though it recognises the car in the drop down list after connecting to the account.
    I do have a lease car and have read there have been some changes to how an account shows the car now and thought that could be potentially the issue.

I've created the log files as requested happy to email as needed.

Details
    • HS Version
      • HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.3.0 (Linux)
    • Plugin version
    • Description of the problem
      • See above
    • HS3 Server OS
      • Ubuntu 18.04
    • Lyric device & model
      • ?
    • Log file
      • On request
    • Data dump
      • Wasn't sure from instructions where this was.

Really would like this to work as it has great potential and appreciate the efforts gone to in creating the plugin.

My client has a similar problem. Client was on PI 1.4.4 and lost all Tesla vehicle devices. Disconnected / reconnected to Tesla account, no difference. I updated to PI 1.5.1.1, disconnected/reconnected account, rebooted HS4 and restarted the PI. hung in "vehicle not ready yet" status. I have attached pics of the PI and the log file.
    HS Version HS4 4.1.3.0
    Plugin version 1.5.1.1
    Description of the problem PI does not update, no information on vehicle, has "INFO: 1 vehicle not ready yet" status on PI
    HS3 Server OS Windows 10
    Lyric device & model 2018 Model 3
    Log file √ Attached
    Data dump There is no root device to get this information from. Devices were deleted.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi shill, did you have an opportunity to look into this?

Comment

Not sure if you saw the other post on this same issue, but I just got my internet back for the first time in 6 days late last night, so I'll finally be able to start looking into this later today. If you've ever seen those "would you live in this cabin for 30 days with no internet" posts - DO NOT DO IT.

Comment

Thanks for the update, glad you're back online. I don't think I could last for 6 HOURS without my internet!

Comment

Originally posted by jguest View Post
            My client has a similar problem. Client was on PI 1.4.4 and lost all Tesla vehicle devices. Disconnected / reconnected to Tesla account, no difference. I updated to PI 1.5.1.1, disconnected/reconnected account, rebooted HS4 and restarted the PI. hung in "vehicle not ready yet" status. I have attached pics of the PI and the log file.
            HS Version HS4 4.1.3.0
            Plugin version 1.5.1.1
            Description of the problem PI does not update, no information on vehicle, has "INFO: 1 vehicle not ready yet" status on PI
            HS3 Server OS Windows 10
            Lyric device & model 2018 Model 3
            Log file √ Attached
            Data dump There is no root device to get this information from. Devices were deleted.
            This was caused by the vehicle having a future scheduled software update time - something I apparently have never done with my own car. I was using too small a data type for that information, so the update failed because it couldn't handle the data. Once the software update completed, it should have updated correctly. I've fixed the underlying problem and it will be in the upcoming release, too.

Comment

Originally posted by jont73 View Post
              Hi, I have previously had this plugin working but doesn't load the car config even though it recognises the car in the drop down list after connecting to the account.
              I do have a lease car and have read there have been some changes to how an account shows the car now and thought that could be potentially the issue.

I've created the log files as requested happy to email as needed.

Details
              • HS Version
                • HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.3.0 (Linux)
              • Plugin version
              • Description of the problem
                • See above
              • HS3 Server OS
                • Ubuntu 18.04
              • Lyric device & model
                • ?
              • Log file
                • On request
              • Data dump
                • Wasn't sure from instructions where this was.

Really would like this to work as it has great potential and appreciate the efforts gone to in creating the plugin.
              Without a log file, I can't really figure anything out at all. However, if this was tied to the issue from the other thread about adding new vehicles (probably was!) then the upcoming release will fix that. Worth giving it a shot - keep up with the status over here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ro...e2#post1411030

Comment

shill, thanks for the update. I'll have my client update his vehicle software and retest. I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

Hoping all is working now?

Comment

Shill, my client updated his vehicle, and I stopped/restarted the plugin, but I have no devices in HS. Currently on 1.5.1.1, and when I restarted it hangs in "Plugin start is pending". Went to update to 1.5.1.2 but there is no indication on the plugins page for an update. Where can I find the latest version? How long does it take for the plugin to initialize? Log shows the plugin started successfully, but does not indicate that on the plugins page.

Comment

1.5.2 (not 1.5.1.2) is in the updater, not sure why you're not being prompted for an update. One brute force solution is to stop the plugin and delete the EXE (might have to stop HS due to a bug I fixed in 1.5.2) and then re-add the plugin - it won't reset anything or lose any devices/configs/etc.

Comment

Just to let you know, I updated to 1.5.2 manually ( as it wasn't showing as an available update ) and seems to of fixed the issue I was having and can now access my car. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Shill, I updated to 1.5.1.2 (deleted the .exe), started the plugin, reset the connection to the Tesla services, and still have no devices. The plugin shows Vehicle Name and ID, should I delete it and redo the connection?
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jguest View Post
                            Shill, I updated to 1.5.1.2 (deleted the .exe), started the plugin, reset the connection to the Tesla services, and still have no devices. The plugin shows Vehicle Name and ID, should I delete it and redo the connection?
                            Thanks.
                            You have no devices at all? But the config page thinks the vehicle is already defined? That shouldn't be possible...

Comment

Shill, I removed the vehicle and readded, all devices were created. Strange, but resolved now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X