Create email/text with device value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create email/text with device value

Was trying to follow this info (https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...-values-in-hs3) in attempting to create an email or text that will tell me the vehicle battery level at a specific time. Can't seem to find the syntax to pull the info into the message. Is this not possible and/or can you assist with the syntax? Thx

If you know the ref for your battery level device, you should just be able to use that syntax in your event action just like it says in the manual. This isn't plugin specific, just straight up Homeseer devices and actions.

Just use something like "Battery level is currently at $$DSR:123:." (Assuming your ref is 123.)

Comment

What is the ID of your battery device? In the linked examples replace 190 with that number. So you will create an event triggered at the time you are interested in knowing the battery level. In the body of the email you can place:
      Code:
      The battery level is $$DVR:190:
      Again, replacing 190 with your devices Reference ID. Make sure to get both colons. It is a common error to drop the trailing one.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Thank you both. The 2nd colon is what got me. It's working great... now:
        IF it's 8 PM
        AND IF the charge port is closed
        AND IF the car is home
        AND IF the the battery level is below 40%
        I get a text indicating what the current battery level is as a reminder to charge.

Thanks again
        -John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBman View Post
          Thank you both. The 2nd colon is what got me. It's working great... now:
          IF it's 8 PM
          AND IF the charge port is closed
          AND IF the car is home
          AND IF the the battery level is below 40%
          I get a text indicating what the current battery level is as a reminder to charge.

Thanks again
          -John
          I have pretty much that exact event, though I tolerate a lower percentage since I'd rather charge for free at work if I can

Comment

I wasn't sure where to begin, so I figured 40% was a good starting point. Getting my Nema 14-50 installed this week. If I ever have a regular work schedule again my threshold may change. 👍

Originally posted by shill View Post

I have pretty much that exact event, though I tolerate a lower percentage since I'd rather charge for free at work if I can

Comment

Working...
            X