Updating to 1.5.2 but I get "Either no license or trial has expired" msg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating to 1.5.2 but I get "Either no license or trial has expired" msg

I'm trying to update to 1.5.2 (from 1.5.1) and I am getting "Unable to initialize interface Linktap :Either no license or trial has expired". It should be good. Any ideas why?
    FYI: I "Disabled" the plugin before installing (I do that every time, seems to help).

Code:
     [TABLE="class: log_table_row, width: 970"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime0, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Sep-10 10:34:20 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogPri0, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"] [/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Updater[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Install/Update of package Tesla Vehicles failed.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime1, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#FF0000]Sep-10 10:34:20 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogPri1, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"] [/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#FF0000]Updater Error[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#FF0000]Installation of package Tesla Vehicles failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime0, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#FF0000]Sep-10 10:34:20 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#FF0000]Updater Error[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#FF0000]Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES.exe' because it is being used by another process.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime1, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Sep-10 10:34:20 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Updater[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES.exe[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime0, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Sep-10 10:34:20 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Updater[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Installing package Tesla Vehicles[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime1, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Sep-10 10:34:20 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Updater[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Update HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES.exe downloaded successfully[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Downloading update: Tesla Vehicles[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#008000]Starting download of updates[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime0, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#000000]Sep-10 10:34:12 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#000000]Plug-In[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#000000]Finished initializing plug-in Linktap[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime1, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#FF0000]Sep-10 10:34:12 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#FF0000]Error[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#FF0000](1) Unable to initialize interface Linktap :Either no license or trial has expired[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime0, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#000000]Sep-10 10:34:09 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#000000]Info[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry0, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#000000]Plugin Tesla Vehicles with instance: has disconnected[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: LogDateLong LogDateTime1, bgcolor: #ffffff, align: left"][SIZE=13px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#000000]Sep-10 10:34:09 AM[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogType1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#000000]Plug-In[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD="class: LogEntry1, bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 8, align: left"][SIZE=12px][FONT=Courier-New][COLOR=#000000]Shutting down Plug-In: Tesla Vehicles[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]

There are 2 different issues here:
    1. You apparently are using a plugin called "Linktap". This is the plugin that has an expired trial, and has no relation to the Tesla plugin.
    2. There was an issue that I think I fixed in 1.5.2 with the plugin not shutting down properly
    I can't help you with #1

But for #2, after you stop the plugin in HS, you'll need to go manually kill the process. Or stop HS altogether an manually delete the file (then add the plugin like it was new - don't worry, it won't hurt anything). I believe I fixed this issue in 1.5.2, but getting it to install can be a pain, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      There are 2 different issues here:
      1. You apparently are using a plugin called "Linktap". This is the plugin that has an expired trial, and has no relation to the Tesla plugin.
      2. There was an issue that I think I fixed in 1.5.2 with the plugin not shutting down properly
      I can't help you with #1

But for #2, after you stop the plugin in HS, you'll need to go manually kill the process. Or stop HS altogether an manually delete the file (then add the plugin like it was new - don't worry, it won't hurt anything). I believe I fixed this issue in 1.5.2, but getting it to install can be a pain, I know.
      LOL, sorry about #1. Delete which file?

Comment

The HSPI_SKWARE_TESLA_VEHICLES.EXE file in the root of your HS directory. Sorry for not specifying that earlier!

Comment

Working...
        X