Real miles vs Tesla Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real miles vs Tesla Miles

Not sure if this can be done with some kind of logic, maybe virtual devices. I would like to calculate what is the difference between the odometer and the battery range consumption. Not sure if it can be done by the "Trip" or by the end of the day. As an example, at the beginning and end of a the trip, I know the odometer and the battery range. I would like to know how many odometer miles I did and how many "Battery miles" a did. Hopefully it is not too confusing :-)

Seems like something you'd need to do with virtual devices (miles driven, range consumed) and maybe some scripting. You'll have to deal with increases to the range (from charging), polling frequency, etc.

If "directional" information is sufficient, you could only update your virtual devices while the car is in D or R, for example. The harder part might be capturing the delta of miles driven/range consumed, since knowing what a device used to be can be challenging. I think easytrigger might have something like that for event triggers, and I also offer a function to get the last value with my Device History plugin.

Comment

Shill, thanks for your response, I must agree with you, it is not that simple and easy. I forgot all these variables, including considering when it is charging and etc.

Comment

Working...
      X