Steering Wheel Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Wheel Heater

Where is the Steering Wheel Heater? (S/X)

In the steering wheel?

Comment

No, checked, but nothing there. But wait, just remembered that those small toy cars don't have heated steering wheels. Do they actually come with steering wheels at all?

So what's the answer?

Comment

What's the question?

Comment

Can't find where I find "Steering Wheel Heater" On/Off.

Attached Files

Comment

Have you turned that device on in the plugin config for your vehicle?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-22 081350.png
Views:	41
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1427750

Comment

Yes. All boxes are marked.

Comment

And there's no device created? I'm always happy to help, but would really appreciate it if you could provide me a better summary of the situation rather than drawing it out one question at a time

Comment

The device was not visible in Device Management even if the box was marked.
                  But when I now toggled it in Configuration/Devices, it is created and visible. Solved.

Comment

Glad it was that easy! Since I own just the original Model 3, I don't have access to those features, so please let me know if you run into issues. I'll need trace log files and lots of details, though

Comment

I suspect the ultimate decline of western civilization may one day be traced back directly to the perceived need to automate steering wheel heaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_W View Post
                        I suspect the ultimate decline of western civilization may one day be traced back directly to the perceived need to automate steering wheel heaters.
                        My wife says that about the entire concept of home automation - it is entirely valid that there is actually no actual need to automate anything in a house.

Everything we do with HomeSeer is about convenience and that extends to everything from automatically managing the brightness of my lights, controlling my blinds, setting everything necessary to watch a movie or even TV, saving power when not home, to pre-heating the cabin of my car when I make my morning coffee... absolutely none of it is actually necessary but it's incredibly convenient.

Comment

Working...
                        X