X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use of Location in events

Hi,

Thank you for a great plugin!

I've just installed the plugin and I'm trying to use the location in an event, but the device do not show any values to choose from in the event editor. Isn't the defined locations supposed to show up in the drop down list? Now I can only trigger at a "custom value".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020-12-27 121615.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1443334

The correct vehicle location is showing in the device itself.

merry x-mas to all!

regards,
    Dag-Inge

It's based just on the standard HS device status/value settings for that device, so it should work fine. Since you've chosen "custom value", it's expecting you to manually put in the value directly rather than using the status/value labels.

Comment

You misunderstood me. I don't have a list of values in the drop down. Custom values is my ONLY choice.

Dag-Inge

Comment

I see. Yes, whenever you create a new location, it should add it to the Status Value list. If you look at your Location device details, are there status/graphics values listed for it?

I'll need to do some testing on my end to see what the behavior is on HS4. Just looking at my own Location device, though, I'm already see some improvement I need to make in this area...

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          I see. Yes, whenever you create a new location, it should add it to the Status Value list. If you look at your Location device details, are there status/graphics values listed for it?

I'll need to do some testing on my end to see what the behavior is on HS4. Just looking at my own Location device, though, I'm already see some improvement I need to make in this area...
          As I was going into the location feature in my Telsa-device, to take a screen shot to show you, I now see that the locations is indeed populated as values. Strange, but as long as everything is OK I'm happy. :-)

Best regards and a happy new year!

Dag-Inge

Comment

Glad to hear that - I'll still look and see if I can make sure it works the first time in the future!

Comment

Working...
            X