Thinking Cleaner Roomba restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking Cleaner Roomba restart

My thinking cleaner on a 650 causes the roomba just to flash the clean light and its non-responsive. It happens randomly one or twice a week.

I can still reset it from the thinking cleaner webpage of the unit under the settings area. You have to click restart and then ok on the popup box. This brings it back to working.

I'd like to have HS issue this sequence once or twice a week since the Thinknig Cleaner manufacture is also non-responsive

How can I have HS do this?
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Originally posted by email68 View Post
    My thinking cleaner on a 650 causes the roomba just to flash the clean light and its non-responsive. It happens randomly one or twice a week.

I can still reset it from the thinking cleaner webpage of the unit under the settings area. You have to click restart and then ok on the popup box. This brings it back to working.

I'd like to have HS issue this sequence once or twice a week since the Thinknig Cleaner manufacture is also non-responsive

How can I have HS do this?
    I have a problem with the plugin causing this issue after sending multiple commands. Have you confirmed if this problem only happens when using this HS3 plugin?

My solution was to use events that send an http command directly vs using an event to trigger the plugin to "set to clean".

I no longer get a locked up roomba. I think this was talked about in another thread asking the DEV to fix it but no response from the DEV.

Comment

I pretty much stopped using the plugin and the issues went away. At least it's a lot more reliable. I just use the json calls to start it.

It would be nice for HS3 to know the roomba status, but I'd rather have more reliable service.

Too bad the plugin has been abandoned. Maybe time to get a 980 or whatever one Blade is supporting.
      -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
      Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
        I pretty much stopped using the plugin and the issues went away. At least it's a lot more reliable. I just use the json calls to start it.

It would be nice for HS3 to know the roomba status, but I'd rather have more reliable service.

Too bad the plugin has been abandoned. Maybe time to get a 980 or whatever one Blade is supporting.
        I use the plugin to get the status and I have no problems. Problems only start when you start sending run commands. I have been running the plugin and using the string data to know its status. I just don't use the plugin to start,stop or control it.

I would try that and I think you would find you will not have any problems. I haven't had to reboot my roomba in over a year now. Where before I would find it would have a blinking orange or red light or something on the top of the TC modual and no response.

Comment

Working...
        X