Duplicate status "gotcha"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate status "gotcha"

I just spent ages trying to work out why my mower events weren't firing...

Realised there are statuses with the same name, and I'd chosen the wrong one. I guess the 1001-1004 statuses are to indicate an action, and the actual current status is the -1 to 99 range, which is fine once you know!

In the event "device has a value" dropdown, the action statuses come first, then the current statuses. I'd made a group condition for "mower is Home" (I don't want to do something if the mower is already busy), but chose the first "Home" which isn't actually the status except I guess momentarily if you press the button.

Hi,

I understand the confusion, thanks for sharing! Maybe this is something for the HomeSeer team, as I believe actions should not be visible in this event dropdown, unless it is a status value. In the plugin I clearly define it as a "button", not a value. I don't see a way to prevent this behavior.

Previously it was called "Stop", but on user request I changed it to "Home". So now we have both a button and status with the same name. Still, I think the actions should not be shown in the event selection...
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      Hi,

I understand the confusion, thanks for sharing! Maybe this is something for the HomeSeer team, as I believe actions should not be visible in this event dropdown, unless it is a status value. In the plugin I clearly define it as a "button", not a value. I don't see a way to prevent this behavior.

Previously it was called "Stop", but on user request I changed it to "Home". So now we have both a button and status with the same name. Still, I think the actions should not be shown in the event selection...
      In the old deviceutility view the controls show as “both” not just “control” so it makes sense that they’re in the list.

Looks like this transition from HS3 to HS4 style controls and statuses is difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice find. I found a setting (.IsInvalidStatusTarget) that I need to set to True to prevent this.

I believe I fixed it for all relevant devices. If you want to test, please use the latest beta (4.0.5.7).

Thanks for reporting!!
        stefxx

Comment

Working...
        X