This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing AK Remootio plugin

Click image for larger version  Name:	ikea_64.png Views:	0 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	1421180​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	Square64.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.8 KB ID:	1421181​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	Bond64.png Views:	0 Size:	5.1 KB ID:	1421176​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	Sonoff64.png Views:	0 Size:	5.6 KB ID:	1421182​​​ ​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	gates  - 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.7 KB ID:	1423325​​​
    AKControlByWeb ​​​AK IKEA AKSquare AKBond AKSonoff AKShelly AKRemootio
    My plugins
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AKEnphaseEnvoy64.png Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	1421179​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	AKGoogleCast64.png Views:	0 Size:	1.5 KB ID:	1421178​​​ ​ ​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	AKHeatmiserNeo64.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	1421185​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	AKTracdown500 - New.png Views:	0 Size:	300.3 KB ID:	1423326​​​
    AKWeather AKEnphaseEnvoy AKGoogleCast AKGoogleCalendar AKSmartDevice AKHeatmiserNeo AKTraccar
    . .
    Note: For best experience the gate sensor (supplied) must be connected and configured.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	scr-main.png Views:	0 Size:	238.0 KB ID:	1423329
    Events triggered even via other devices (i.e. connecting from mobile app or opening/closing the gates) will briefly show (for 2 sec) and logged in HS log, also allowing to trigger HS events.

This includes the event for doorbell and manual button - if connected and enabled in mobile app settings.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	scr-brief.png Views:	0 Size:	79.5 KB ID:	1423330

Instructions:

First Remootio device is added automatically. Then you need to configure the IP address, APISecretKey and APIAuthKey (see below).

To add another Remootio - click green "+" button:

Click image for larger version  Name:	scr-add.png Views:	0 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	1423332
    Note 1: Since the Remootio devices don't support mDNS (Zeroconf) discovery (yet) - you must set static IP address for the Remootio device
    Note 2: For the plugin to work - you must enable "Websocket API with logging" in the mobile app settings:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	apikeys.png Views:	0 Size:	242.4 KB ID:	1423334 Click image for larger version  Name:	scrm-websocket-logging.png Views:	0 Size:	229.4 KB ID:	1423337 Click image for larger version  Name:	websocket api.png Views:	0 Size:	281.6 KB ID:	1423335 Click image for larger version  Name:	scrm-sensor.png Views:	0 Size:	296.9 KB ID:	1423336
    After you enable "Websocket API with logging" - copy the IP address, APISecretKey and APIAuthKey:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	scr-config.png Views:	0 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	1423333
    Remootio 1 (one relay output) Remootio 2 (two relay output)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	wiring.png Views:	0 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	1423369 Click image for larger version  Name:	Sensor_1_grande.gif Views:	0 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	1423370

Comment

Love it! Been playing with it for a couple of weeks and just purchased...a steal of a deal with the labor day sale discount. Honestly I would have paid full price! The setup isn't as simple as I'd like but this is likely due to the way Remootio deals with integration. The plugin is simple enough to use but it did take some experimentation in order for me to fully understand things. Perhaps you could shed some light...

I have 1 remootio installed with the gate sensor...no doorbell, no manual control button, and no camera. The plugin created 2 HS devices, one called "Remootio" and the other called "Output". Both devices have a "Trigger" button, an "Open" button, and a "Close" button. What is the difference between these two devices? The functionality of the open and close buttons is obvious on each device, but what are the trigger buttons for? Although the 2 created devices look the same on the HS device screen, they look different on the event screen as the available event triggers for each is different. Is the "Remootio" device for local/HS control and the "Output" device for app/hardware monitoring? If so, why does the "Output" device also have buttons which can control the gate? In addition, when triggering off of app/hardware initiated events, which device should one monitor? ...and why does the "Trigger" event always fire off in series with an "Open" or a "Close" event?

Like I said, this plugin works great...it's just very confusing on which device to use for what and also which device's events are triggered when remootio is opened/close from it's app.

Could you define each of the device's event triggers? Some are duplicated, some are spelled differently, and the two devices lists aren't exactly the same.

The "Remootio" device's event trigger dropdown list:
      An Invalid or Error State
      Unknown
      ok
      Error
      Invalid
      Open <==DUPLICATED IN THE DROPDOWN (1 OF 2)
      Closed
      <==DUPLICATED? THIS ONE HAS A TRAILING "D"
      Unauthorised
      Trigger
      Open
      <==DUPLICATED IN THE DROPDOWN (2 OF 2)
      Close <==DUPLICATED? THIS ONE DOES *NOT* HAVE A TRAILING "D"

The "Output" device's event trigger dropdown list:
      An Invalid or Error State
      Unknown
      ok
      Error
      Invalid
      Open
      Close
      <==WITHOUT A TRAILING "D"
      Left Open
      Doorbell
      Manual Button
      Key Connected

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_104773.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1494223

Name:	image_104778.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1494224

Name:	image_104779.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1494225

Comment

The reason for having two devices was only a preparation for migrating to HS4 - in HS4 version "root" device can't have any controls (no idea why they decided to do that). So to have any controls I have to create extra HS device. The "root" still can have status, so I duplicate the status on both devices.

For control actions you should be using the "output" device.

Since the Remotio isn't too popular - I didn't end-up porting it to HS4.

If you still need more info - feel free to ask.

[EDIT]

The Remootio.Remootio HS device is the "root" device. In minimal configuration the second "Output" device is created. For other configurations more devices will be created, i.e. second output, doorbell input, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          The reason for having two devices was only a preparation for migrating to HS4 - in HS4 version "root" device can't have any controls (no idea why they decided to do that). So to have any controls I have to create extra HS device. The "root" still can have status, so I duplicate the status both devices on both devices.

For control actions you should be using the "output" device.

Since the Remotio isn't too popular - I didn't end-up porting it to HS4.

If you still need more info - feel free to ask.
          Wow, this device is just what I have been looking for! I would buy the Remootio just because of this plugin. However, you said, "Since the Remotio isn't too popular - I didn't end-up porting it to HS4."

Ongoing support for plugins is what concerns me in general. If I invest in this device I want to make sure the plugin is going to continue to work with HS4 and beyond. Maybe you could contact Remootio and let them know, and advertise, it is compatible with HomeSeer to help make the decision to port to HS4 and beyond? I realize, it probably works with HS4 now, but maybe changes in HS4, later on, could break it.

Comment

I do support the HS3 version - it works in HS4. Just there's no reason to port to HS4 - unless it stops working.

I created this plugin with support from Bence Kurucsó - the creator of Remootio, he also sent me the devices for testing. And they use the .NET Remootio library I created for this plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Wow, this device is just what I have been looking for! I would buy the Remootio just because of this plugin. However, you said, "Since the Remotio isn't too popular - I didn't end-up porting it to HS4."
              I too purchased my first Remootio *BECAUSE* of this plugin and in fact hadn't even heard of Remootio until I ran across this thread. I've since purchased two more to replace some existing z-wave gate/garage-door controllers which were never all that reliable. Homeseer3 + Remootio + this plugin have been pretty rock solid for me so far.

Comment

They have ver. 2 now which has two output relays.

I need to convince Bence Kurucsó (the creator of Remootio) to add mDNS (Zeroconf) support so users don't need to find IP address.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                  They have ver. 2 now which has two output relays.

I need to convince Bence Kurucsó (the creator of Remootio) to add mDNS (Zeroconf) support so users don't need to find IP address.
                  What is that in user language? I'll send them a support note. Maybe others also could. Looking forward to trying the dual relay model for my double garage.

Comment

What is that in user language? I'll send them a support note. Maybe others also could. Looking forward to trying the dual relay model for my double garage.
                    Ahhh, it looks like it can only control one garage door. The dual relay is for doors that have separate open/close inputs. Can your plug-in handle two Remotioos, one for each door?

Comment

Ahhh, it looks like it can only control one garage door. The dual relay is for doors that have separate open/close inputs. Can your plug-in handle two Remotioos, one for each door?
                      Please start new thread for any issue. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...ne-garage-door

Comment

Working...
                      X