Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting there, I had to almost re-write the plugin.

Also, I'm not sure about what devices to create in HS? Even if Remootio has two inputs and two outputs - from the API point of view it's still a single device (except for Relay 2 output).

So it looks like just one device is sufficient? In HS3 version I have two devices, but they have pretty much same functionality.

The only issue was with displaying the status, i.e. root device may display the question mark when WiFi connection is lost, but the child device may still display open/close status.

Not sure.

Also, functionality depends a lot on Remootio configuration, i.e. if you have the 'close' sensor connected. In this case if you click "Close" button in HS, but Remootio still reports "open" status - I set HD device state to "Closing" until I receive the notification from the sensor, then I change the status to "Closed". I can't do this if there's no sensor connected.

And the problem is - Remootio API doesn't provide the configuration info, I asked them to add more info in the API, and they agreed, but how long it will take, who knows?

What's your view on what devices to create in HS? I.e. Root, Input, Output?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      Getting there, I had to almost re-write the plugin.

Also, I'm not sure about what devices to create in HS? Even if Remootio has two inputs and two outputs - from the API point of view it's still a single device (except for Relay 2 output).

So it looks like just one device is sufficient? In HS3 version I have two devices, but they have pretty much same functionality.

The only issue was with displaying the status, i.e. root device may display the question mark when WiFi connection is lost, but the child device may still display open/close status.

Not sure.

Also, functionality depends a lot on Remootio configuration, i.e. if you have the 'close' sensor connected. In this case if you click "Close" button in HS, but Remootio still reports "open" status - I set HD device state to "Closing" until I receive the notification from the sensor, then I change the status to "Closed". I can't do this if there's no sensor connected.

And the problem is - Remootio API doesn't provide the configuration info, I asked them to add more info in the API, and they agreed, but how long it will take, who knows?

What's your view on what devices to create in HS? I.e. Root, Input, Output?
      When I chatted with Remootio asking, since the device had two relays, if it could control two garage doors they said no. The told me to use one device for each door. So I guess approach it from that perspective. Does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        When I chatted with Remootio asking, since the device had two relays, if it could control two garage doors they said no. The told me to use one device for each door. So I guess approach it from that perspective. Does that help?
        Yeah, the whole logic is implemented for a single gate/door. The second relay is only to control some aux output. Possible only one HS device is required...

I'll post BETA tomorrow (it's a bit late today) so users can test.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.2 (BETA) - Initial Release

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-04-14 (1).png Views:	0 Size:	16.8 KB ID:	1536638

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-04-14 (2).png Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	1536639

Comment

Great, thanks! Can I just upgrade from the HS3 version, or should I delete that plugin and install this one?

Ver 4.0.0.2 (BETA) - Initial Release

Comment

Upgrade won't work for many reasons unfortunately.

Comment

And better before installing rename folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Bin\AKRemootio

Comment

And better before installing rename folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Bin\AKRemootio
                  Rename folder or best to remove the plugin and devices from HS4 ?

Comment

One snag using my original license code: "Registration failed: Registration was not successful. License is not valid for this HS4 PlugIn."

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

One snag using my original license code: "Registration failed: Registration was not successful. License is not valid for this HS4 PlugIn."
                      HS version has different license, but you can't get it since HST didn't publish it yet. But you have 30 days to trial without registration.

Comment

HS version has different license, but you can't get it since HST didn't publish it yet. But you have 30 days to trial without registration.
                        The other errors seemed to have gone away. But now I get this exact message twice a day. Any ideas?

4/18/2022 6:33:36 PM
                        AK Remootio
                        Error
                        [3954] Remootio Garage Door Control: Device Restarted

4/18/2022 6:33:36 PM
                        AK Remootio
                        Warning
                        [3954] Remootio Garage Door Control: WebSocket Connected

4/18/2022 6:33:21 PM
                        AK Remootio
                        Warning
                        [3954] Remootio Garage Door Control: WebSocket Closed code: 1006, reason 'An exception has occurred while receiving.'

4/18/2022 6:33:21 PM
                        AK Remootio
                        Error
                        [3954] Remootio Garage Door Control: FATAL: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00012] in :0 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0002a] in :0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0006e] in :0 at WebSocketSharp.Ext+<>c__DisplayClass57_0.b__0 (System.IAsyncResult ar) [0x00002] in :0

Comment

Moved to HS4 forum: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...vice-restarted

Comment

Working...
                          X