Not receiving partition/zone updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not receiving partition/zone updates

I'm having issues getting status updates from Zones and Partitions. The plugin never seems to register if a zone opens, and I also can't seem to view my current alarm system status (armed, disarmed, etc). I was hoping to trigger some events from zones monitored on the DSC system using the plugin.

I'm connecting using an Envisalink 4. I can push commands out to the Envisalink, it is working great for arming and disarming the system, but I can't see the status of anything. When I first installed the plugin, it created devices for all my zones, but after a reboot, it seemed to do away with each individual device, and put them all under a "DSC Zones" device. The only other devices I have are one called LCD, and one for my Partition 1, which can be used to arm/disarm the system, but never shows me the current actual status.

I enabled logging, and I can see BLDSC receiving messages from the Envisalink.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but the system has only 5 actual zones, but they aren't sequential. There is a wired zone on zone 1, but then the wireless zones start on zone 17.

Ah, I am having the exact same issue with the DSC pluging from HS. It simply doesn't report changes in zone status. It's very annoying and kind of makes the whole thing useless. I believe the plugin for Envisalink should be able to handle it (I am not using Envisalink 4). So maybe HS is in some way messing with your system. Do you also have the HS DSC plugin installed?

Comment

No I never did install the HS DSC plugin, because I didn't think it supported communication with the Envisalink.

I first tried Spud's plugin, but I wasn't able to get it to communicate at all, so I tried this plugin. Communication seemed to work, except for this issue.

Comment

Any thoughts? Is it not possible to receive near real time updates in Homeseer on the current DSC Zone or System status?

Comment

cd36, was the zone update issue here resolved? I'm experiencing exactly what you & mulu describe. I'm migrating from Vera to HS & currently evaluating all DSC/ Envisalink HS plug-ins and open to any recommendations, please.

Comment

Originally posted by gordomatic View Post
            cd36, was the zone update issue here resolved? I'm experiencing exactly what you & mulu describe. I'm migrating from Vera to HS & currently evaluating all DSC/ Envisalink HS plug-ins and open to any recommendations, please.
            I switched to Spud's plugin, it has been working great since March.

Comment

Working...
            X