2 Wire Smoke Detector Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Wire Smoke Detector Support

Just got an 1832 and am trying out the plugin. Does it support 2 wire smoke detectors?

The reason I ask is that they connect to the AUX+ and PGM 2 terminals, rather than a specific zone if I'm reading the information correctly.

I wonder if that means the IT-100 would send the "Auxillary Input Alarm" message, rather than a zone message???
    Last edited by YoYo; March 28, 2011, 10:34 AM.

** Bump **

Comment

I can't answer your question directly on weather or not Bob has put this in the plug-in, however the IT-100 does send whatever the panel sends out. That being said even if he didn't add it yet, I would think it could be added.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Have you tried it and see what happens?
        I do not have any smokes yet but I do plan to add some this summer.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Well, I haven't actually ordered any yet as I was concerned about compatibility with the plug-in. For my situation, I think the 2-wire smokes would be good, but I could always go for the older 4 wire smokes as I believe they connect to a zone input.

I think I'll go ahead and order the 2 wire versions with the hope that Bob could add support for them if it turns out they don't work...

Comment

I do plan to add smokes this summer so if it does not work then I will be adding the support.
            If you got the ones that hooked up to the zone then I am sure that would work. I believe I was planning to buy the 4 wire ones. I will have to look at the differences again.
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I use 2 wire smokes here, i just haven't hooked them up yet. i will someitime in the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know what happens.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Sounds good. I went ahead and ordered some as well.

Comment

Hi yoyo

how did you get on with the smokes. I'm just about to order some and need decide on 2-wire vs. 4-wire

Regards

mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                  HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                  2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                  USB UIRT
                  Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                  WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                  HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                  HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                  2GIG Thermostat
                  BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                  BLUPS
                  UltraLog (SQL2008)
                  Jon00 Plugins
                  Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                  Global Cache IP2IR
                  Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Hi Mark,
                    They're still in the box at my office; haven't taken the time to install them yet so can't say whether the plug-in works with 'em or not.

Nightwalker also said he had them as well, maybe he has some info to add...

Comment

Amazing how many of us have things sitting around waiting for the install, I'm in the same boat. I have gotten the wire run and plan to use 2 wire smokes.

Now i just need the time to get the devices installed. If only there were an after Christmas sale on time.
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                        If only there were an after Christmas sale on time.
                        No kidding! I have way too many interests for the amount of time I have to spend on them...

Comment

Originally posted by YoYo View Post
                          No kidding! I have way too many interests for the amount of time I have to spend on them...
                          I ran the wires 6 months ago when I rewired the house. Just got alarm re-connected this week. To be fair: i've had a lot on (gutted entire first floor, stairs and upstairs hall)

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                          HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                          2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                          USB UIRT
                          Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                          WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                          HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                          HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                          2GIG Thermostat
                          BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                          BLUPS
                          UltraLog (SQL2008)
                          Jon00 Plugins
                          Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                          Global Cache IP2IR
                          Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Just finished adding my 4-wire smokes and CO2 sensors.. the secret is in the itty bitty drawings on the installation sheet.. required a "end of line realy" $8

works great

series of sensors for interior,garage, and CO2 ( system sensors )

sorry, originally said 2 wire, they are 4 wire
                            Last edited by gearyt; June 26, 2012, 02:29 PM. Reason: mistake 2/4
                            Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Gearyt can you add some more color? I'm looking to replace my smokes with CO/Smoke combo devices. Do I need to buy a relay?

Comment

Working...
                              X