New DSC alarm, and HS3 install - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    I cannot find anything about the rev2 being different than the rev1 board.
    Is anyone else on here running a rev2 board? I would think someone is running one. Otherwise it could be faulty. It receives but does not send. I guess the send portion of the board could be at fault but hard to tell.

Well I tried the 115200 baud rate, saved, rebooted HS3, still no action on the port, either way.

The only way I see any action is if I open the port myself, before setting the baud rate.

Were you able to find the developers guide for the new REV02 board?
    I doubt the board is half bad.

I have been looking for somewhere to buy the REV01 board.

Comment

I cannot find a PDF on the rev2 board. I have the 1.0 and 1.1 PDF
      If you find the rev2 PDF let me know
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by swanie2000 View Post
        Well I tried the 115200 baud rate, saved, rebooted HS3, still no action on the port, either way.

The only way I see any action is if I open the port myself, before setting the baud rate.

Were you able to find the developers guide for the new REV02 board?
        I doubt the board is half bad.

I have been looking for somewhere to buy the REV01 board.
        The cable length settings are maximum lengths so 8' will also work with 9600.

Changing speed on the IT100 is quite a pain as far as I remember so I would stick with 9600.

Have you tried using HomeSeer's own DSC plug-in?? you can get a 30 day free trial if you don't have the PRO version. At least that would give you one more indicator as to where the problem might be.
        Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
          The cable length settings are maximum lengths so 8' will also work with 9600.

Changing speed on the IT100 is quite a pain as far as I remember so I would stick with 9600.

Have you tried using HomeSeer's own DSC plug-in?? you can get a 30 day free trial if you don't have the PRO version. At least that would give you one more indicator as to where the problem might be.

Yes, I tried the built in version for DSC, as I have the HS3Pro version.
          I agree with the com ports, that is why I was staying on 9600, as it would be easier for the plugin to connect without errors. I tried the 115200 again, just because I was asked to by Bob(blade).

The built in version from HS didn't work either. I just get nothing from HS3 going towards the alarm panel. As mentioned I can get some data from the panel into HS3, but not without jumping through hoops to get it to connect every time.

I have the board removed from my DSC panel, and boxed up. I am going to send it back to where I bought it. I am going to take a 20% restocking fee loss, plus the loss of shipping. But to get some of my money back is better than none of my money back.

I doubt the board is bad, and I will not buy another VER02 board until I hear from another HS3 user, who has one, and can verify it does work. I am convinced there is something different about the new board, but without the datasheet for the new REV02 board, not even Blade can fix this issue.

I guess I jumped out of the pan(caddx alarm panel with no support but works in HS2) and into the fire (DSC alarm panel that will not work at all)

Comment

You're not running some sort of Anti Virus that could stop the ports from operating 'normally' are you?

It doesn't sound like a board when you can get communication working, albeit with manual intervention.
            Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
              You're not running some sort of Anti Virus that could stop the ports from operating 'normally' are you?

It doesn't sound like a board when you can get communication working, albeit with manual intervention.
              Good point. Might be worth a look into it.
              I am baffled here why it is not working. I looked at the code and I am not doing anything special with the opening of the com port. It should be working.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

NOPE, no anti virus programs, I hate how they slow down a good working PC.

Instead of gaurding my 1 machine from millions of virus's, I protect my machine with a super easy way to repair it when it gets sick. I use a program called RESTORE-IT. It takes daily snap shots(takes about 20 seconds), and saves them in a secure hidden partition the virus writers don't know about.

Then if my machine does need to be restored, I simply boot into that hidden partition, and restore the latest snapshot. This takes about 10-15 minutes. Problem gone.

The snapshot is similar to windows restore points, but anyone who has ever had a virus will tell you that the first thing the virus does is erase your windows restore points, so you cannot back up to an earlier time that worked.

Comment

It has to be something with the rev2 board but without seeing the PDF (or even being able to find it) I am at a loss. Liek I said the other boards are working fine and have been for over 3 years for me. It has to be the rev2 board is different somehow.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    It has to be something with the rev2 board but without seeing the PDF (or even being able to find it) I am at a loss. Liek I said the other boards are working fine and have been for over 3 years for me. It has to be the rev2 board is different somehow.

Agreed, either the board is different, in which case I cannot use it, OR the board is bad, in which case I cannot use it. I am still hunting for a REV01 board. Sent Emails and a few phone calls to a few places online, but I haven't had any luck yet. Hopefully I will find a REV01 board.

Still, if/when I find the REV01 board, install it, and everything works like normal, that will still leave the REV02 board in limbo. Was it really bad, or was it not compatible? I don't think we will know until other users of the caddx system, take the jump as I did, Buy all new DSC equipment so they can more forward with HS3. and then report their success/failure with the IT-100 board.

Comment

I am still trying to find a PDF on the new rev02 board. Nothing yet. Very odd that there is no info on it.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

There is no issue with the Rev 02 board. I am running HS3Pro with the default DSC plugin and a IT-100 rev 02 board and it works just fine. I did discover that if you put the wrong baud rate in the setup that it will cause the blue screen of death and I can repeat that.

I am using the keyspan 1 port serial adapter to connect to it. If you try to test it with putty make sure you change flow control to none in the serial tab on the side bar for it to work.

The only difference between the rev 1 and 2 boards is some of the components on the board. DSC did a redesign to produce them cheaper. Everything in the it-100 developer guide is true for both versions. I have been putting these panels in for over 10 years so I have picked up a lot along the way.

I also have 2 way communications with mine since I gets the status when a door opens up and I am also using pgm outputs to control my garage doors. You can create events that trigger command outputs that can be linked to the pgm outputs. This is more reliable than the Insteon 2450 io module.

Comment

Working...
                        X