Variable event entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable event entries

I'm not sure what I should have called this so I created a new topic. I am not a programmer so I would like to use HS3 native event creation to accomplish the following:

I want to send an email to my system that will trigger an event that will read a 6 or 8 digit number and enter that number as a door lock code in a specific code location. Kind of like:

If a received email is from or contains
    email from... anybody
    The email subject contains (matching text) ... guest code
    The body of the email contains (Matching text).."nnnnnn" (where nnnnnn is any 6 digit number)

Then Z-Wave actions
    Network ABCDE
    Set a security user code
    Choose a device... "Front door lock"; Choose User Number... "199"; Enter code "nnnnnn" from the email above

I have a hunch that I can do this using "regular expression" in the email but as I said I'm not a programmer so I don't know how/where to begin.
    Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

It would have to be done with a script. There is a function to set the code in a lock and there are functions to read received emails. I've put snippets of code on the forum before indicating as to how to set the lock code, but HST does not want them published for some reason. PM me and I can help out, but I have very limited time over the next few weeks.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
    X