No "Add New" option for one lock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No "Add New" option for one lock.

Hi everyone. I'm having an issue. Earlier today Homeseer couldn't find my Schlage (BE469) deadbolt. I was forced to delete it and re-add it. BL Lock was able to find the new lock however I have no option to "Add New" users to the lock. Mind you I have two other Schlage (BE469) deadbolts int the system that work perfectly well as did this lock before I was forced to re-add it. Any suggestions?

Similar problem! I have 3 BE469 locks installed. 2 allowed new users and one of the three (second on list) does not have "add new" after I click on "users". I previously had HS3 and this plug in installed working fine. I did a clean install of everything and after adding this plugin tonight I only get 2 of the 3 locks with users. All locks were working fine in HS3 before the plugin was added. I did a re-initialize under options Click image for larger version

Name:	BLLock.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1371325 before adding users. Any ideas would be appreciated

Comment

I have tried removing and adding the plugin back in , but still have the same problem. All my user codes were still loaded into the 2 locks that work so not sure how to do a full removal.

I also tried to look at the activity log and have the error:

"Error Processing ASP.NET page: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

This worked with the previous install of HS3 and the pugin.

​​​​​​​Again any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I would create a ticket in Blade’s help desk. Link is in his signature.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I saw today that under the /zwave/settings tab under the lock (not the BLLock plugin) I saw that there was an error retrieving the user codes from the lock. Don't know how long it has been like that as the lock works fine aside from the plugin issue. So I tried to remove and re-add the lock, then I removed and re-installed the plugin. The device was then able to see the user codes in the /zwave/settings tab as well as the plugin now showed the "add user" button and all locked show correctly. So the issue appears to be with HS3 and the lock, not the plugin. The real time log still provides an error and I will look into that as well and will take sparkman's advice if I can't find the problem.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. My problem is that I have so many events tied to that lock, if I were to remove it and re-add it I would have to re-add it to all the events. I know one way around it when adding a replacement Zwave device is to replace the Node Number in the root controller with the new Node number of the newly added device. In this case however I'd have to remove and then re-add the lock. Unless anyone knows of a way to do this without destroying my events. I'm all for learning new things.

Originally posted by Ryan10 View Post
            I saw today that under the /zwave/settings tab under the lock (not the BLLock plugin) I saw that there was an error retrieving the user codes from the lock. Don't know how long it has been like that as the lock works fine aside from the plugin issue. So I tried to remove and re-add the lock, then I removed and re-installed the plugin. The device was then able to see the user codes in the /zwave/settings tab as well as the plugin now showed the "add user" button and all locked show correctly. So the issue appears to be with HS3 and the lock, not the plugin. The real time log still provides an error and I will look into that as well and will take sparkman's advice if I can't find the problem.

Comment

So closing the loop. The issue was that the lock was too far away from my Homeseer computer for it to properly determine all of the lock's capabilities. Once I moved the PC closer it worked. Also to answer my own question, I didn't need to remove and then re-add the Z-wave device. I only had to click on "rescan" in the root controller's zwave properties. That added the missing pieces and now everything works.

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
                So closing the loop. The issue was that the lock was too far away from my Homeseer computer for it to properly determine all of the lock's capabilities. Once I moved the PC closer it worked. Also to answer my own question, I didn't need to remove and then re-add the Z-wave device. I only had to click on "rescan" in the root controller's zwave properties. That added the missing pieces and now everything works.
                I added 2 Kwikset 914 in the past couple days. One only loaded the Kwikset Entry Control. It's the furthest door from my ZNET. Planning on taking it off an moving closer. Do I need to exclude it and then add it or do I Scan Existing Devices?

The 2nd lock is close to the ZNET so it added all the children - but it isn't adding to BLLOCK.

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
                  Another data point. I had this problem today when installing my 3rd BE469ZP. After 4 rescans (no errors logged) and 2 exclude/reincludes (no errors), I still couldn't add users in either BLLock or Z-wave plugin user management. I reinitialized BLLock after each try, and all else worked fine with the lock/HS4. Only after a 3rd exclude, then factory reset the lock, then reinclude, did it finally allow me to add users. All includes were with the lock inches from or in contact with a z-net.

For anyone dealing with this issue, I suggest trying a couple of rescans just in case it works, but if you have to try exclude/reinclude I recommend a factory reset in between. Takes a few seconds and looks to be what made the difference for me.

Schlage BE469ZP factory reset procedure: Disconnect batteries. Hold down Schlage key on exterior keypad while reconnecting batteries.
                  -Wade

Comment

Working...
                  X