Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLLock "Lock" button unlocks the lock (reverse function) - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLLock "Lock" button unlocks the lock (reverse function) - Fixed!

I just upgraded to the latest version of HS3 and BLLock. I have 5 Schlage FE599 levers and 3 BE369 deadbolts across two houses/installations and thought I'd check a an issue I noticed in the past and it's still there:

In the plug if I push the "unlock" button when the lock is in a locked state, the lock is unlocked (however the page does not refresh and show the new status).

After I refresh the page in the browser, the status correctly shows the lock as unlocked, and I hit the "Lock" button to lock it again, but BLLock sends the unlock command instead of locking it => you can't lock the locks from the plugin. See the log file below with the entries after hitting "Unlock" and "Lock" in sequence.

Jan-18 8:37:32 AM Device Control Device: Security Door Locks Kitchen Lever to Unlock (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-18 8:37:08 AM Device Control Device: Security Door Locks Kitchen Lever to Unlock (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

I'd probably say this is a pretty critical functionality issue. Also, it'd be nice if the page refreshed and showed the updated status after the buttons are used, or if the lock status changes from another event.

Try 2.0.19 and let me know
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

No, no change and it is actually worse than I initially wrote. In playing with the plugin and the locks, I also noticed that when I refreshed the web page so see the updated status of the lock, and additional "unlock" is sent to the last lock I was working with. For example;

1. the garage lock is unlocked and I try to lock it with BLLock, but it sends another unlock command to the lock. The web still shows the lock as unlocked and confirm it physically.
      2. I go to the lock and lock it manually.
      3. I refresh the web page, it now updates the web page to show the lock as locked, but at the same time it sends another unlock commend to the lock which is unlocked again, and now the web page is showing that the lock is locked while it is unlocked.

The only thing that appears to be working is unlocking an already locked lock, the command is sent and the page refreshed automatically and correctly. HS log below, I'll send in the debug log on Blade's web site.

Jan-19 2:56:25 PM BLLock Info BLLock Debug Logging Disabled!
      Jan-19 2:56:03 PM Device Control Device: Security Door Locks Garage Lever to Unlock (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Jan-19 2:55:44 PM Device Control Device: Security Door Locks Garage Lever to Unlock (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Jan-19 2:55:22 PM Z-Wave Device: Security Door Locks Garage Lever Status set to Locked
      Jan-19 2:54:50 PM Device Control Device: Security Door Locks Garage Lever to Unlock (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Jan-19 2:54:22 PM Device Control Device: Security Door Locks Garage Lever to Unlock (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Jan-19 2:54:09 PM BLLock Info BLLock Debug Logging Enabled!

Am I the only one who is seeing this issue?

Thanks,

Johan

Comment

I will have to look into it
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

This appears to be resolved with 2.0.21.0.

Next issue is that user codes go blank after a while, I posted a message about it a few weeks ago. I'll open a ticket on that one too.

Comment

Working...
          X