Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to properly setup start/stop event of the plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to properly setup start/stop event of the plugin?

Makes no sense to trigger lights in the day, does this have to be integrated into the events IE: if the time is night - start Plugin?

When setting an event for vacation, I just add the dates that I"ll be away and it will only perform the simulation during those days?

At the moment I have

If time = 9pm
    and if the date is = dates of days away
    then start BLOccupied

and everynight at 12:30am It would stop BLOccupied

is this the right approach?

In the plugin options, you can set whether it uses sunrise/sunset or a fixed time. I have mine set to start the simulation when the alarm is armed and stop when it is disarmed.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm new to the PI and had a question. I have the options set to use a min of 5 minutes and max of 45 minutes and use a start time of 6:30 pm and an end time of 11:00 pm. If I start the simulation when I arm my alarm and then stop the simulation when the alarm is disarmed, will the simulation run in random blocks of time from 5-45 minutes just once during the entire time range or if a simulation ran for say 10 minutes, would it wait a random period of time and then start another simulation that ran between 5-45 minutes again as long as it was in the time range? What if the alarm is left on for several days, will the simulation automatically stop at 11pm and then pick back up at 6:30pm the next day?

Comment

It will pick a random number of minutes between 5 and 45. Once a light has turned on or off, then the timer starts again
        It should run between the start and end times you pick even if you left the alarm on for days
        Hope that helps
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          It will pick a random number of minutes between 5 and 45. Once a light has turned on or off, then the timer starts again
          It should run between the start and end times you pick even if you left the alarm on for days
          Hope that helps
          OK, So during the time periods specified, if I specified a max of 4 lights to be on, then there will be 4 lights always on during this time, each randomly turning off after the 5-45 minutes? Also, since the simulation isn't stopped until home mode is set, this will continue every day, but only during the time ranges specified?

Comment

maximum of 4 doesn't mean 4 will always be on, just that no more than 4 will be on at a ttime.

Here is a recent run (newest on top). Settings as in post #2 above, except I've decreased Max minutes on to 30.

Feb-21 22:02:16 BLOccupied Occupancy Simulation has been stopped!
            Feb-21 22:02:15 BLOccupied Stopping occupancy simulation... please wait!
            Feb-21 21:55:02 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-003 (Master Bedroom Overhead Lights) has been turned On!
            Feb-21 21:55:00 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-010 (Kitchen Counter Lights) was turned Off!
            Feb-21 21:39:00 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-004 (Hallway Overhead Lights) has been turned On!
            Feb-21 21:38:58 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-003 (Master Bedroom Overhead Lights) was turned Off!
            Feb-21 21:15:58 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-015 (Front Room Overhead Light) has been turned On!
            Feb-21 21:15:56 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-013 (Storage Room Overhead Light) was turned Off!
            Feb-21 20:59:56 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-003 (Master Bedroom Overhead Lights) has been turned On!
            Feb-21 20:59:54 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-014 (Guest Room Overhead Light) was turned Off!
            Feb-21 20:37:54 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-014 (Guest Room Overhead Light) has been turned On!
            Feb-21 20:37:52 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-003 (Master Bedroom Overhead Lights) was turned Off!
            Feb-21 20:13:52 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-003 (Master Bedroom Overhead Lights) has been turned On!
            Feb-21 20:13:50 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-004 (Hallway Overhead Lights) was turned Off!
            Feb-21 19:52:50 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-010 (Kitchen Counter Lights) has been turned On!
            Feb-21 19:32:48 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-004 (Hallway Overhead Lights) has been turned On!
            Feb-21 19:21:46 BLOccupied Device: EBCF7B0B-013 (Storage Room Overhead Light) has been turned On!
            Feb-21 19:21:44 BLOccupied Occupancy Simulation has been started!

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Comment

I hope it is ok to tag onto this thread since i have some confusion around this topic. I have BLOccupied setup to "Use HomeSeer Sunrise and Sunset Times For Lights". It works fine during the night time hours turning lights on and then off. However, when sunrise comes, BLOccupied stops turning lights on and off and ends up usually leaving 2 lights on during the day. Has anyone else seen behavior like this? It seems to be pretty consistent. Thanks Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JoSo View Post
                  I hope it is ok to tag onto this thread since i have some confusion around this topic. I have BLOccupied setup to "Use HomeSeer Sunrise and Sunset Times For Lights". It works fine during the night time hours turning lights on and then off. However, when sunrise comes, BLOccupied stops turning lights on and off and ends up usually leaving 2 lights on during the day. Has anyone else seen behavior like this? It seems to be pretty consistent. Thanks Joe
                  I have this same “problem” (in quotes since I’m not sure if it’s by design). I would have expected that BLOccupied would “clean up” after itself each night and turn off the lights, but it will leave whatever is on, on once it passes its working hours.

I activate BLOccupied when the alarm goes into vacation mode, and leave on until we disarm. My only thought was putting in an event each morning that turns off the lights I provide to BLOccupied for “cleanup” but that seems like a bit of a silly workaround for an otherwise smart plugin. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                  X