No announcement yet.

2019 - BLRing PI 2.0.29.0 (Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much Bob - appearing to be all present and correct under Betas now.

One wee beta comment - appears that the link to BLRing options page no longer displaying as expected in Installed Plugins section.

Comment

I will take a look at that
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

You're a good 'un Bob, thanks.

Comment

The trigger for events isn't coming up. I'm running the 2.0.31.0 version of the plugin and the attached picture is what I get. Any Ideas?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Ring Triggers.png
Views:	277
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	1289805

Comment

It seems to be connecting now! I can see the videos of the motion and ring events!!

I can create an event that does something after a motion of ring event. ….but that is about it. I have 11 devices created from the doorbot and the chime, but I cannot see them when trying to control a device in an event. They are not populated in the event device pulldown. I have reinitialized and rebooted. No change.

The one event I created plays a sound when motion is detected. It works, but I get the below message and it takes about 3-4 minutes for the sound to play.... Maybe I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in....

Mar-03 18:13:52 Event Event Ring Ring Doorbell, Action of Control a Device could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete.

Comment

Not sure what I did to cause this, but I can no longer view video.....

Comment

Seems like it's gone again under beta?

Comment

I just checked and it was under beta section
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

I also cannot view video now. Still running 029 version but updated my Zee2 software to 3.0.0.500. It says ("error":"not authorized") where the video normally would be.

Comment

Version 31, {"error":"not authorized"} for motion events (only getting some of the doorbell events). No events for the floodlight (listed and a stick up) and two stickups.

Comment

Hmmm sounds like something changed again - I really wish Ring would give an official API to us. Not sure what they are waiting for.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

So not sure what others are aiming to do with Ring and Homeseer, but both are integrated through IFTTT. And there's already a Doorbell Ring applet to trigger a HomeSeer event.

But that's it right now. However, there are a slew of motion triggering Hue light applets.

Unfortunately, my initial inclination was that I could easily pick any approved trigger (If), and any approved action (that) was misguided, so I put in a request to both Ring and HomeSeer for Ring motion-based trigger of HomeSeer action....

If I hear something back, I'll update....

Comment

Since I have alexa, I use her ring skill to detect motion or a doorbell push and then set HomeSeer virtual switches and run events from there.
                            HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                            Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                            Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Silly that I effectively have to count on integration with a third party of my choosing. That said, I missed that some blue text (IFTTT) allowed me to do exactly as I hoped I could do. So now I think it works (new motion event Triggers HS event Action), I'll verify the time dependence (night-only event), but really couldn't be much simpler (not programming, just select very finite options). So does what I set out for it to do for now....

Comment

Originally posted by dusball72 View Post
                                Silly that I effectively have to count on integration with a third party of my choosing. That said, I missed that some blue text (IFTTT) allowed me to do exactly as I hoped I could do. So now I think it works (new motion event Triggers HS event Action), I'll verify the time dependence (night-only event), but really couldn't be much simpler (not programming, just select very finite options). So does what I set out for it to do for now....
                                Hi Dusball, Can you share more details on what you did? thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X