2019 - BLRing PI 2.0.29.0 (Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winzone View Post

Hi Dusball, Can you share more details on what you did? thanks.
    Sorry for the delay, but had the notifications messed up as I went on vacation, but here goes... And now I can't get screen shots properly, but having registered for ifttt.com (bear in mind, there's many a thread of more capable than me). Also, connect ifttt with HS and Ring services.

So in HS, I've created two devices: "Imaginary Device: i Front Door" and "Imaginary Device: j Garage"
    (Event 1): Then, a resetting event (If Sunset, OR if turning off specific lights), turn "i" and "j" to off
    (Event 2 and more as wanted): Light on event (if "i" changed to on AND if light is off AND if time is nighttime), turn on appropriate light(s), then turn off "i" and light(s) and after a time (I chose 45 Seconds)

1) From ifttt.com, while logged in, in the upper right, click on the down arrow, and SELECT "New Applet"
    2) Click on the blue "+this" in the middle of your screen
    3) Search/select Ring Service
    4) Choose the trigger (Motion or Ring), and appropriate device on next screen
    5) Click on the blue "+that"
    6) Select "Turn on a device"
    7) Choose the appropriate "Imaginary" device, then click create

I found that Running an event directly from IFTTT made it tougher (?impossible) to pay mind to present status (if the lights are on, I don't want to run an event that ends up turning them off). Also, generally a short delay of less than 5 seconds.

I think that makes some sense, if not, maybe I'll have the notifications setup right...

Comment

I am able to trigger a HS3 BLRing ring event reporting within 1-2 secs someone pushes the RING button. Unfortunately a BLRing motion event is reported in 1-2 minutes so not very helpful for me. I can currently view the recent history log but cannot view any of the videos with BLRing plugin but I believe this has been reported already.

Is anyone else getting any better reporting time with a BLRing motion event?

Comment

Seems like the beta is no longer listed in the Beta section of the updater ... could the latest beta please be added back?

Comment

I have submitted the newest build to the updater - may take time for them to approve
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks, I now have Version 2.0.31 installed. For some reason I had to uninstall the old version to update as "disable and update" failed. Anyway .31 is working much better than .27

Comment

Thanks for all the work Blade. I had the same issue updating and had to uninstall and re-install to get the update. I can see all of my motion videos now but still can't see a device created to use the motion to turn on a light or something. No worries, I just put a motion sensor out by the front door.

Comment

Thanks for your work on this. I hate to say it but I am still having problems. I uninstalled the old version and installed the new version and was able to see my videos again (yay), but then it stopped working and I started getting the "error not authorized" message. I also noticed that the activity log stopped updating.

I disabled the plugin and re-enabled it and noticed that the activity log updated but I still could not access the most recent video from about an hour earlier (I didn't try a previous one). For a while it did nothing and then gave me the error message. I also tried to re-initialize the plug in under options and it hangs saying initialization in progress. When I disabled and re-enabled the plugin it then said initialized but when I tried to view the most recent video it again said "error not authorized". When I clicked on a motion alert from the previous day, however, the video played.

So then I thought maybe its working now so I clicked on the most recent video and it pulled up a video box that was blank.

Next (and this may be a clue) I refreshed my browser (this always clears the "error not authorized" messages) and tried to access the videos again. I could not access any of them, old or new. For a while it did nothing and then started giving the "error not authorized" messages.

Could this have something to do with my browser; does the plug in place a necessary cookie there or something?

Update: I closed the browser and re-opened it and was again able to pull up the older videos. The most recent one is still blank.

Comment

It does not store any cookies in the browser
                  I sometimes see the unauthorized message and then it will work
                  I really wish Ring would publish their own api - it would make things much better
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

The other problem I have is that it just stops updating. For example, I went to the activity section of the plugin today and the last entry was July 5. I disabled the plugin and re-enabled it and then it updated to today.

Comment

Bob, I'm running v.31 and decided to re-initialize and it stuck in a permanent "Initialization in progress". I even dis-abled the PI and re-enabled it but my status in the BLRing - Options tab remains in a permanent "Initialization in progress", any suggestions? Mike

Update: after about 5 minutes later I finally got "Initialized" however when I go the Activity tab and select any Motion event I get {"error": "not authorized"} message
                      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                      Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                      HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                      X