Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNB
    replied
    Bob, I'm running v.31 and decided to re-initialize and it stuck in a permanent "Initialization in progress". I even dis-abled the PI and re-enabled it but my status in the BLRing - Options tab remains in a permanent "Initialization in progress", any suggestions? Mike

Update: after about 5 minutes later I finally got "Initialized" however when I go the Activity tab and select any Motion event I get {"error": "not authorized"} message

Leave a comment:

• JCCccc
    replied
    The other problem I have is that it just stops updating. For example, I went to the activity section of the plugin today and the last entry was July 5. I disabled the plugin and re-enabled it and then it updated to today.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    It does not store any cookies in the browser
    I sometimes see the unauthorized message and then it will work
    I really wish Ring would publish their own api - it would make things much better

Leave a comment:

• JCCccc
    replied
    Thanks for your work on this. I hate to say it but I am still having problems. I uninstalled the old version and installed the new version and was able to see my videos again (yay), but then it stopped working and I started getting the "error not authorized" message. I also noticed that the activity log stopped updating.

I disabled the plugin and re-enabled it and noticed that the activity log updated but I still could not access the most recent video from about an hour earlier (I didn't try a previous one). For a while it did nothing and then gave me the error message. I also tried to re-initialize the plug in under options and it hangs saying initialization in progress. When I disabled and re-enabled the plugin it then said initialized but when I tried to view the most recent video it again said "error not authorized". When I clicked on a motion alert from the previous day, however, the video played.

So then I thought maybe its working now so I clicked on the most recent video and it pulled up a video box that was blank.

Next (and this may be a clue) I refreshed my browser (this always clears the "error not authorized" messages) and tried to access the videos again. I could not access any of them, old or new. For a while it did nothing and then started giving the "error not authorized" messages.

Could this have something to do with my browser; does the plug in place a necessary cookie there or something?

Update: I closed the browser and re-opened it and was again able to pull up the older videos. The most recent one is still blank.

Leave a comment:

• Bigstevep
    replied
    Thanks for all the work Blade. I had the same issue updating and had to uninstall and re-install to get the update. I can see all of my motion videos now but still can't see a device created to use the motion to turn on a light or something. No worries, I just put a motion sensor out by the front door.

Leave a comment:

• STCook
    replied
    Thanks, I now have Version 2.0.31 installed. For some reason I had to uninstall the old version to update as "disable and update" failed. Anyway .31 is working much better than .27

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    I have submitted the newest build to the updater - may take time for them to approve

Leave a comment:

• STCook
    replied
    Seems like the beta is no longer listed in the Beta section of the updater ... could the latest beta please be added back?

Leave a comment:

• will40
    replied
    I am able to trigger a HS3 BLRing ring event reporting within 1-2 secs someone pushes the RING button. Unfortunately a BLRing motion event is reported in 1-2 minutes so not very helpful for me. I can currently view the recent history log but cannot view any of the videos with BLRing plugin but I believe this has been reported already.

Is anyone else getting any better reporting time with a BLRing motion event?

Leave a comment:

• dusball72
    replied
    Originally posted by winzone View Post

Hi Dusball, Can you share more details on what you did? thanks.
    Sorry for the delay, but had the notifications messed up as I went on vacation, but here goes... And now I can't get screen shots properly, but having registered for ifttt.com (bear in mind, there's many a thread of more capable than me). Also, connect ifttt with HS and Ring services.

So in HS, I've created two devices: "Imaginary Device: i Front Door" and "Imaginary Device: j Garage"
    (Event 1): Then, a resetting event (If Sunset, OR if turning off specific lights), turn "i" and "j" to off
    (Event 2 and more as wanted): Light on event (if "i" changed to on AND if light is off AND if time is nighttime), turn on appropriate light(s), then turn off "i" and light(s) and after a time (I chose 45 Seconds)

1) From ifttt.com, while logged in, in the upper right, click on the down arrow, and SELECT "New Applet"
    2) Click on the blue "+this" in the middle of your screen
    3) Search/select Ring Service
    4) Choose the trigger (Motion or Ring), and appropriate device on next screen
    5) Click on the blue "+that"
    6) Select "Turn on a device"
    7) Choose the appropriate "Imaginary" device, then click create

I found that Running an event directly from IFTTT made it tougher (?impossible) to pay mind to present status (if the lights are on, I don't want to run an event that ends up turning them off). Also, generally a short delay of less than 5 seconds.

I think that makes some sense, if not, maybe I'll have the notifications setup right...

Leave a comment:

• winzone
    replied
    Originally posted by dusball72 View Post
    Silly that I effectively have to count on integration with a third party of my choosing. That said, I missed that some blue text (IFTTT) allowed me to do exactly as I hoped I could do. So now I think it works (new motion event Triggers HS event Action), I'll verify the time dependence (night-only event), but really couldn't be much simpler (not programming, just select very finite options). So does what I set out for it to do for now....
    Hi Dusball, Can you share more details on what you did? thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dusball72
    replied
    Silly that I effectively have to count on integration with a third party of my choosing. That said, I missed that some blue text (IFTTT) allowed me to do exactly as I hoped I could do. So now I think it works (new motion event Triggers HS event Action), I'll verify the time dependence (night-only event), but really couldn't be much simpler (not programming, just select very finite options). So does what I set out for it to do for now....

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Since I have alexa, I use her ring skill to detect motion or a doorbell push and then set HomeSeer virtual switches and run events from there.

Leave a comment:

• dusball72
    replied
    So not sure what others are aiming to do with Ring and Homeseer, but both are integrated through IFTTT. And there's already a Doorbell Ring applet to trigger a HomeSeer event.

But that's it right now. However, there are a slew of motion triggering Hue light applets.

Unfortunately, my initial inclination was that I could easily pick any approved trigger (If), and any approved action (that) was misguided, so I put in a request to both Ring and HomeSeer for Ring motion-based trigger of HomeSeer action....

If I hear something back, I'll update....

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Hmmm sounds like something changed again - I really wish Ring would give an official API to us. Not sure what they are waiting for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X