Battery state not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery state not updating

On the latest beta which is working much better, one issue however is I have a device who's battery status doesn't seem to update. I charged the device before I left that house a few days ago. The app shows the battery status as good, last device help sent to Ring was minutes ago (prior was earlier today). Battery has been stuck at 0% for 5 days. Not sure where to start debugging this...

Debug log shows nothing:

01/09/2019 12:25:53:595 PM : v - **************** Debug Logging ENABLED at 1/9/2019 12:25:53 PM ****************
    01/09/2019 12:25:53:596 PM : v - **************** Debug Log size limit --> 500 MB
    01/09/2019 12:25:53:598 PM : v - InitIO started
    01/09/2019 12:25:53:598 PM : v - InitIO: pluginConnectAddress --> 127.0.0.1
    01/09/2019 12:25:53:598 PM : v - Is_Plugin_Remote() started
    01/09/2019 12:25:53:598 PM : v - Is_Plugin_Remote(): pluginConnectAddress --> 127.0.0.1
    01/09/2019 12:25:53:598 PM : v - Is_Plugin_Remote(): isRemote --> False

Device looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 12.29.59 PM.png
Views:	189
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1274330

I should add, I am getting motion alerts for this doorbell fine, its just battery state.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 12.37.27 PM.png
Views:	175
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	1274332

Comment

I have also installed the Beta plugin and have a similar status screen to the above. Battery 0%, Timezone, Address and volume unset. I do not get any notification of the doorbell being pushed. The plugin does show the motion and a really nice integration to view the video's.
      Will do some further debugging, but I guess Blade is at the mercy of Ring's API.

More than happy to provide debugs etc. Am using with a Ring Doorbell 2

Comment

Battery finally updated yesterday a few hours after my post. Still no idea why it took so long.

Comment

Deleted
          Last edited by aj84; January 11, 2019, 05:20 AM. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by aj84 View Post
            Interestingly mine is the opposite. Battery state has been read and states 100%
            The batteries for my Yale lock went in on the 26th September 2018 and has been used a minimum of 4 times a day since (two people going out, and back in). Not including the days where the bins go out or a bit of gardening or whatever.
            At almost 3 months, I cannot believe its still at 100%...it uses the key tag to open so that uses battery, the whole thing is a motor going off multiple tmes so thats sucking the batteries..and theres a live zwave link.

But I dont think its the plug-in and more the lock or zwave module.
            What does your Zwave issue have to do with a Ring doorbell?

Comment

So mine after a re-initialize of the plugin, updated Address, timezone, Battery and Volume. All good
              Now it seems the plugins having issues polling the activity history as I either get api.ring.com refused the connection when I try and play a video or "Not authorized"
              In addition the plugin seems to be initializing again every now and then as I see this when I view the options page.
              Turning on debug seems to stop updating the log file after it initializes and no time stamps for events afterwards.

Running on a dedicated Win 10 Pro x64 VM

Will leave it for a while and see if things settle down.

EDIT: The good news is the activity is being received. Events are triggered. Just can't view from within the plugin page.

Comment

Sorry! Wrong thread
                I was installing the BLRing plug-in at the same time as working out my Yale door lock issues all around midnight - clearly got myself in a muddle

Comment

Originally posted by aj84 View Post
                  Sorry! Wrong thread
                  I was installing the BLRing plug-in at the same time as working out my Yale door lock issues all around midnight - clearly got myself in a muddle
                  Gotcha, yeah that confused me for a moment ,)

Comment

Working...
                  X