Sensors not triggering anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensors not triggering anything

I'm trying BLSecurity out and here is what I've done thus far: I installed BLSecurity, added a Zwave door sensor as a device (value triggered 0 and 255), added a single zone with the Door sensor in it. I armed the system, waited 60 seconds, opened the door and the alarm panel doesn't show any change. I then checked the Device list and the sensor shows open. In Blsecuirty, if I hover over the device it shows Current Status and nothing. I then turned on debugging and performed the same actions, and nothing shows in the log when I trip that sensor. What am I doing wrong?

Check here to fix debug logging issue

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...-debug-logging

Capture a debug and lets see what it is doing
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Debug log attached... Man that thing get big quick. 65mb and all I did was open window, arm and disarm. The device I am testing with is called: "Playroom PL Far Window"
      Attached Files

Comment

I am not seeing a value change for the Playroom window. Looks like it is device ref 170
        What kind of device is this and what is controlling it?
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by lcoppenr View Post
          What am I doing wrong?
          Just a thought, you DID allocate the device to a Zone right? Check it is STILL allocated...

/Marcus

Comment

Yea, I've tried a bunch of different devices and it doesn't seem to trigger. I actually have some free time this afternoon and I'll play with it again and upload some logs.

Comment

My suggestions:
              1) Check that the devices you are using trigger work correctly in HomeSeer. For each device ensure that you have a "Value" that represents an "Normal or Idle" state and another that represents the "Triggered" state. You will need that later.
              2) Make sure you have the latest installation of the BLSecurity system (I am using 2.0.42.0)
              3) When creating your "Device" in BLSecurity, make sure you use the "Value Triggered Device" box and add in the values for your device for "Alert" and "Normal". Put the values from step 1 into those fields.
              4) Ensure that you have a Zone allocated to the Device
              5) Ensure the Device is in one of the Modes (Sleep/Perimeter/Arm)
              6) Arm and try it out.
              Please keep us all informed
              /Marcus

Comment

I tried a bunch of different devices I have that are all working in Homeseer making sure I had the right trigger values. I even went through them individually and added them to zones, etc.

In any case, my trial is up tomorrow and I give up. I'm sure it is something strange with my setup and not the plugin, but I simply don't have the time to deal with something that doesn't work for me out of the box right now. Maybe in a few months I'll buy the plugin and go for another round of debugging/diagnostics.

I do appreciate everyone's time and sorry I couldn't dedicate more time to sending logs, etc.

Comment

Just email HST and ask them for a new trial
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by lcoppenr View Post
                    I simply don't have the time to deal with something that doesn't work for me out of the box right now.
                    Know what you mean... IT CAN take a while to get right but I have found that any security device - be it virtual or dedicated does need a lot of understanding to set up as a DIY'er.

I have installed dedicated DIY systems before and I have found that they all have a learning curve and need tweaking.

Just so that you know, my BLSecurity implementation uses Fibaro z-wave motion sensors, Fibaro z-wave door sensors, Fibaro relays for lights, and 433MHz KERUI door/window sensors for windows (I also use the RFXCOM plug-in to support those). I use a Zipato ZipaTile V1 on the wall with HSTouch and display a customised alarm panel on the ZipaTile.

All the BLSecurity and HomeSeer event voice messages come out of the Zipatile.
                    I use HomeSeer events to trigger the sirens and use a cloud based email to SMS provider to send me SMS messages if there are issues.

All works well for me and I am very pleased with this plug-in.

Hope it eventually works out for you too

Best regards
                    /Marcus

Comment

Working...
                    X