Which remote works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which remote works?

Been going through the forums and can't seem to figure out which hardware to use with this to arm and disarm and how to set it up. Can someone show me what topic I'm missing? Thanks

I don't use any remotes, but I would think that any would work. I use the door code for a door lock. When I unlock the door with certain door codes, BLSecurity goes to a disarm state. I do have a couple of Aotec 4 button fobs to do other things. I'd think they would work. Any remote that can sent an On / Off state should be able to arm/disarm if you set it up that way. Personally, I'd recommend something more secure than a pushbutton on/off.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Oh that would be superb if it could disarm with a smart door code as all my locks are Z Wave. If you don't mind linking me to setting that up, that would be much appreciated.

Comment

Or how about disarming with garage door opener triggered as well? That is also Z Wave and much more often how we enter the home when driving. Would that be possible?

Comment

mikedpitt I have no experience with this plugin, but you should be able to configure a basic event for this. The Z-Wave lock should offer a way to look for a specific user/PIN-code that was used to unlock and then use that as a trigger, the same way your garage door opener can be used as a trigger.

"This device changes and becomes..." would be a good candidate, and then locate the garage door opener to see what options you have available.

More help in the event clinic @ https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ice-s-value-is

Keep in mind that the event will be somewhat dumb without additional context. For example the garage door opener would 'open' upon arrival back home that can be used as a trigger to disarm, but maybe you just planned to air out the garage or set out the trash. Adding the extra condition "AND Alarm is currently armed" would avoid disarming an already disarmed alarm. For automatic arming you can tie into the 'close' door trigger but then add for example that all the motion sensors have not detected any motion for 10 minutes, which can then also automatically lock doors/etc. in case that was overlooked in leaving one day for work in a rush. Just be aware that somebody might be asleep in bed

Comment

You could use a Geo-Location plug in where your home is automatically armed when the home is empty and you leave the geolocation boundary and disarms when you enter the geo location boundary.

Comment

Working...
            X