Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to connect Paradox security system to Homeseer so I can use this plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect Paradox security system to Homeseer so I can use this plugin?

I have a Paradox security system (it's old, probably 2000 - 2010), and I'd like to hook it up to Homeseer to be able to use the hard-wired door/window sensors for home automation events. I get that's what this plugin does, but I've never worked with security systems before, and I'm unclear on how to physically connect my security system to Homeseer. Is there some kind of ethernet connection or ethernet module, and I hook it up to my network? And how would I actually configure that (like find the IP address, etc.), since there's just a board in a box in my basement, and a couple of keypads?

A bit of an update with some more research. The panel is a Paradox Spectra 1738 from around 2003. It doesn't support modern ethernet modules but there is a serial-to-USB module, 307USB, that allows it to be connected to a PC. So is that a viable way to get the alarm system connected to this plugin?

Comment

Just so that you know the BLSecurity plug in design will allow you to use HomeSeer devices to design and build a security system.
      If you want to integrate the Paradox standalone system you will need to Integrate Paradox with HomeSeer so that it's sensors are available as HomeSeer devices.

That is NOT done by this plug in. I am unfamiliar with Paradox systems but you will need to look for possibly another plug in to do that step.

Next

When HomeSeer CAN see your Paradox sensors as HomeSeer devices only then can you use this plug in to add HomeSeer logic.

Hope that helps
      /Marcus

Comment

I see, that helps clear things up. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X