Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web based Alarm Panel that need admin access? Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bmxtreme
    replied
    Originally posted by heatvent View Post
    If accessing from the lan, just set hs not to require a login for local network
    Thanks. That's precisely what I want to avoid. Say assuming I have my touchpad hung on the wall, someone broke in and say coincidentally knows how to use HomeSeer can easily just disable all my alerts.

I gave up on this plugin and continue with ACRF2. I built my own HSTouch interface, scripts and events that will authenticate using pin codes I set in HS.

This would have been a nice clean plugin but doesn't look like nothing ACRF2+HS can't do already.

Leave a comment:

• heatvent
    replied
    If accessing from the lan, just set hs not to require a login for local network

Leave a comment:

• bmxtreme
    replied
    Hmm. I think I can just write my own interface and perform the same http request as the panel. Too bad the request is being pass in as clear text..oh well.

Any scripting API that will query the user code?

Leave a comment:

• bmxtreme
    started a topic Web based Alarm Panel that need admin access? Seriously?

Web based Alarm Panel that need admin access? Seriously?

Seriously? No offence, the plugin is great, but there's no way I can get to this panel without having to logon first right? That's going to be ridiculously stupid having to keep logon/logoff this page on a tablet when I need to arm and disarm.

I can set them up on HSTouch but the browser control aint working with Android, and I don't want to buy an overprice iPad as a main panel.

Any ideas how I can get to this panel to arm/disarm without login and at the same time preventing other people to have access to my HS web.
Working...
X