Panic Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic Button

Hello! I'm just spreading my wings with BLSecurity and it looks great! Very functional! What I don't see is how to activate panic alarms? I checked Blade's website and searched here, but no luck. Can anyone help me find this option? Thank you so much in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

You can add X10 security remotes to the plugin and then the panic button will activate the alarm.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Not sure...

Nice to hear from you Blade! Thanks for a great script! I look forward to getting more! Don't beat me up, but how do I do that...I don't see a panic button at all on the interface...?

Comment

No problem... you need to have one of the X10 security remotes. They have a panic button on them. You can then map the security remote buttons in the plugin.
        There is no script call to enable panic.
        I will look and see if a call can be added easily.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Got It

Thanks so much Blade! I would appreciate it but more importantly I appreciate what you have already provided! Again...Happy New Year to you and everyone here!

Comment

I added a TriggerPanic scripting call in build 1.0.28.0 on my web site and HS updater. Try it out and let me know

Example:

Code:
            hs.Plugin("BLSecurity").TriggerPanic()
            Happy New Year!
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Thanks Blade! I will have to get an x10 security remote but I thank you so much!

Comment

CORRECTION...

The nice thing about the scripting call is you DO NOT need a security remote. You can call the scripting call as part of any event of whatever you need.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Oh man! I'm trying to figure out how to call it....! You have been so good helping me that I feel bad and not being able to get it....

Comment

Blade! I got it man! You are the best! I am so in love with this and you have shown superb customer service! Thanks again!!!!!!

Comment

I have the security remote SH624 and I can get it to trigger an event from the panic button but it does not itself trigger an alarm. Is there some kind of condition needed such as having the alarm set. A panic button should always work and also not include any delays.
                      I have also created an event for the arm and disarm buttons from the remote which which then set the BLSecurity Action: Set Security Mode to SLEEP for example. I have the ACRF2 RF module and W800. I have the alarm functions in it disabled since it cannot deal with X10 motion detectors like yours can.
                      Am I doing this all wrong?

Comment

Working...
                      X