Email From Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email From Address

When I trigger an alert, I wish BLSecurity to email me. I've set my Email Recipient to my email address in the "BLSecurity - More Alert Options" page. However, I can see the email going out with a FROM field of "alerts@blsecurity.com". My ISP won't let me send email where I don't own the from field account (security reasons, spammers, etc.).
    How can I control BLSecurity's FROM email field? Is there a setting I'm missing to get BLSecurity to use the settings from "E-Mail Settings" or something like that?

If there is no way to set the 'From' email field, would it be possible to add that in a future version of this plugin?

Comment

Still hoping to get an answer to this question. Is changing the from email address field doable?

Comment

I thought that was an option to set
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I have added it as an option to this build. Try it out and let me know

http://bladeplugins.no-ip.org/betas/...ty_1.0.29a.exe
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Yup, I see the new option, I set that to my from email address and yes, now I get the email. Good.
            However, the contents of the email are:
            At 15/09/2012 4:50:36 PM, an alert was triggered by Zone: MyZone1The 'More Armed Alert Options' indicates: "The email will tell them which device triggered the alert."

The email above tells me which zone. I was hoping it would email me the specific device that caused the alarm.

Is emailing the device possible, or is it just the zone that it's aware of?

And thank you for the update to the from address.

Comment

It will always show the zone alert. It should send the device alert as well if it is not excluded from individual device alerts
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Working...
              X